Thread: Heartland Park - ONE MORE TIME

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Heartland Park - ONE MORE TIME

Once in 2008 was not enough!

A Restricted Regional for Improved Touring has been added to the Labor Day Double National at Heartland Park Topeka - August 30 to September 1! So now you can take another crack at the HPT 2.5 mile Run Offs configuration this year. Can you lower the track record for your class? You'll have two chances!

The format will be 3 track sessions for IT- 1 Qualifying Session and 2 Races. The first race will set the grid for the second race. IT sessions will be run on Saturday and Sunday. Since National racing will continue on Monday, you'll be able to stick around and drink some beer Sunday night. Then use Labor day for a nice, leisurely trip home.

All GCR and Mid Div IT classes are invited - ITR, ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7 and ITE.

Make space on your calendar to attend this event! More information to follow - online registration will be open soon.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Scott... Will these races be added to the MidAm calendar or are they non-points races??
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

IF points are to be paid it would be for the IT Tour Championship. I am checking on that.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Both of the races will pay IT Tour Points.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Excellent...I may be in then.

Did Rocky confirm the points situation?
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Wondering about IT Tour points as well! Can we confirm this or not? I had not planned on any more out of town (St. Louis) events this year and it may be required attendance for us. I'll fire off an email to Rocky too.

Online Registration is OPEN!

26 signed up already - 2 in IT

www.dlbracing.com
    www.kvrg.org

This event promises to be something special with lots of National Drivers from all over the country expected to be in attendance. So here is your chance to be a part of the action and put on a great show. Don't forget that IT has the only race on Saturday so all eyes will be on us. Wouldn't a 30 car IT field be great!

See you there
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

I will be there with my car, but my co-driver will have the duties for both races. I will just be crewing for him, just as long as he realizes he's footing the registration bill.....
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

Well folks, so far we only have 3 entries in the I.T. race. I hope that KVRG's decision to include us is not another example of "No good deed goes unpunished". The 2.5 mile course at Heartland is a great track and well worth scraping together all your spare change to come to.
    ALEX WILEY

59 SAAB 750GT MINI STOCK 70-72
    67 NSU 1000TT C SEDAN 73-75
    67 NSU 1000 TTS GT5 81-82
    74 FIAT 128SL GT5 83-84
    71 DATSUN 510 MINI STOCK 89-91
    74 SAAB 99 ITB 92
    74 VOLVO 142 MINI STOCK 93-05
    84 VW GTI ITB 06-08
    87 VW GOLF GTI ITB #15 CURRENT

Default Well...

I will probably be there...but...I think only getting 3 sessions across 2 days is a turnoff to a lot of people. Locals will surely come out...I don't think you're gonna get a lot of travelers though, especially on Labor Day Weekend.
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
    I will probably be there...but...I think only getting 3 sessions across 2 days is a turnoff to a lot of people. Locals will surely come out...I don't think you're gonna get a lot of travelers though, especially on Labor Day Weekend.
    Yes, 4 sessions would have been better but there was no real way to squeeze another session for IT. The issue is the amount of time the National drivers are required to get in order for the event to meet the GCR definition of a National.

The last time IT was included in a National only weekend at HPT it was in the form of a single Restricted Regional. The result was a 15 car turn out that killed any chance for future inclusion. However, we recieved a reprieve this year because of the economy and the location of the 2009-2011 Run Offs. KVRG also learned from the past and added a second points race. So If you can, please support this event.

Disclaimer:

I'm NOT a decision maker with MiDiv or even KVRG. I have no special insight into next year. So what follows is pure opinion -MINE. I HOPE I am wrong.......

Things are changing and if were a betting man I would wager that events that cram as much racing and points opportunities into one weekend will become the norm not the exception. Along with this, racing regions and organizations (KVRG, MVRG, etc) are going to put on fewer events and the ones they put on are those that are likely to provide the best financial return. If I am right that means more double National events and fewer Regional only races. Why? National Racing has always had more support in this division than Regional racing - even before the Runoffs came to HPT. The lone exception to this is IT but as mentioned above it can be hard to fit IT into a National weekend. So, and again this is MY OPINION, unless we MiDiv IT drivers show our support when given the opportunity we may get left out in the future.

I'm not trying shame anyone into coming to HPT. It is a tough year and we have all had to make hard decisions.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17