Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartland Park - ONE MORE TIME

Default Heartland Park - ONE MORE TIME

Once in 2008 was not enough!

A Restricted Regional for Improved Touring has been added to the Labor Day Double National at Heartland Park Topeka - August 30 to September 1! So now you can take another crack at the HPT 2.5 mile Run Offs configuration this year. Can you lower the track record for your class? You'll have two chances!

The format will be 3 track sessions for IT- 1 Qualifying Session and 2 Races. The first race will set the grid for the second race. IT sessions will be run on Saturday and Sunday. Since National racing will continue on Monday, you'll be able to stick around and drink some beer Sunday night. Then use Labor day for a nice, leisurely trip home.

All GCR and Mid Div IT classes are invited - ITR, ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7 and ITE.

Make space on your calendar to attend this event! More information to follow - online registration will be open soon.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Scott... Will these races be added to the MidAm calendar or are they non-points races??
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

IF points are to be paid it would be for the IT Tour Championship. I am checking on that.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Both of the races will pay IT Tour Points.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Excellent...I may be in then.

Did Rocky confirm the points situation?
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Wondering about IT Tour points as well! Can we confirm this or not? I had not planned on any more out of town (St. Louis) events this year and it may be required attendance for us. I'll fire off an email to Rocky too.

I also asked Norm too about confirming it for an IT Tour status.

I checked with the KVRG BOD chairman and the racechair regarding the points status for this event before posting this information. Should be spot on.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

It appears we may not have everyone talking on the same page. I received an email from Norm Floyd about the event and its point status. He is unaware of any IT Tour being added to this weekend. It may be a good idea to get some sort of "official" announcement or notice up on midiv.org as to the correct points status of this addition to the weekend.

Will do
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

I received an email from Rocky today about this, indeed, being a points paying double "IT Tour" event.

Just curious as to why this was added this late in the year? We planned our schedule very early this year and do not have a lot left over for travel as we chased IT Tour points at Memphis and Hallett. I know I should be happy there is another chance to run and really appreciate the organizer's adding it. But somehow I get a little discouraged that Trey's IT7 points lead may be for naught if we cannot attend due to school and budget concerns when we planned as carefully as we did for the IT7 class this year. I apologize if I seem a little selfish over this. I guess we'll just have to wrap up IT7 at Gateway and not worry about it.

Thanks to the organizer's again for getting us IT racers a chance to participate with a double national weekend. Any opportunity to race and increase the IT presence at such events is a welcome step.

My guess is they need more income to pay Ray's track fees, what with National race attendance being down this year.....
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

SLUF,

Yep - you confirmed what I had been told a week ago about the points. Good to hear from Rocky too.

Sorry this doesn't fit your schedule. However, looking at the points the IT7 Championship appears to be Trey's to lose. He needs to win at St Louis and maybe go to MAM to lock it up. So I'm not sure the HPT event hurts you. I guess Charles Casteel or Lyn Lamb could catch up but they will have to earn it. After all I am sure that Matt Rivard, Howard Duncan, Jim Wyatt and myself will try to keep them out of victory circle at HPT.

PSerm,

The inclusion of IT at the Double National came about as a result of several factors in my opinion. First, IT really supported the Superior Chevrolet Two for the Road double regional - IT was the biggest group. Then there is the fact that HPT is not going to be the Runoff's track after this year so the significance of this event changed for National Drivers. Finally it is the economy and the price of gas. KVRG is just trying to include every possible revenue stream for this event.

The June event was very good - it was a Regional event that did not lose money. The Double National should also be a success. In this economy having a flush racing operation is a big deal and very important for the future of our sport.

So guys and gals, sign up and race your car. HPT is a fun track and the facility is second to none. Let's show KVRG - again - that IT drivers will support events at HPT. Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by mustanghammer; 07-11-2008 at 12:43 AM.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

My comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek....

I was there for the 2 for the Road, and yes, IT was well subscribed. I just wish I hadn't had engine and concrete issues.....

I plan on being at the Nat-IT weekend at HPT, but my co-driver will be in the car.
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

I applaud the organizers for inclusion in the weekend. I am glad to see that IT may be getting its due from several places in the club racing circles. We'll do our best to attend. I am passing on entering another "racing organization's" enduro to stretch the budget a bit for the SCCA and this addition to the schedule.

Or maybe I could just pay you, Mr. Peterson, a small fee to insure those guys stay out of first place?
    Last edited by SLUF; 07-11-2008 at 03:25 PM.

I am going to try to be there. Hopefully we have a big turnout for the weekend. By the way Bud, I am pushing my wife hard to let me bring the racecar to gateway in a few weeks. We were already planning a trip over but not for racing. If I get my way I will meet you there.

Matt

So I guess it will be the Matt/Scott fund I need to contribute to! If you do make it over come by our spot on the north side of the garages.

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    I am going to try to be there. Hopefully we have a big turnout for the weekend. By the way Bud, I am pushing my wife hard to let me bring the racecar to gateway in a few weeks. We were already planning a trip over but not for racing. If I get my way I will meet you there.

Matt
    Shoot, I'll be out of town... I'd like to check out what you've done to the RX7.
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

so.......i have a few questions.

a friend contacted me about co-driving sometime this year, as he needs one more race to keep his liscense active, and this is the only weekend that fits our schedule. how is the entry fee going to be structured? i would hope there's a significant discount to account for the 3 track sessions rather than 4? if i run qual and the race on sat, would he be allowed to start at the back of the grid on sun?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by SLUF View Post
    I applaud the organizers for inclusion in the weekend. I am glad to see that IT may be getting its due from several places in the club racing circles. We'll do our best to attend. I am passing on entering another "racing organization's" enduro to stretch the budget a bit for the SCCA and this addition to the schedule.

Or maybe I could just pay you, Mr. Peterson, a small fee to insure those guys stay out of first place?
    If your funding includes a set of new Hoosier tires I am sure I can help you! However that would not be a "small fee."
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17