Thread: Technical Inspection Prior to Event

Default Technical Inspection Prior to Event

I am currently building a car for ITS (Nissan 240SX), and was wondering if anyone knew a reliable shop in the area where I could take my car prior to my first event and get it looked at like a technical inspection so I would have an idea if there is something that doesn't fit the rules, or maybe I misunderstood when reading them.

My goal is to have the car ready for MCSCC driver's school on July 19th, so I would like next week sometime to be able to take the car in and just get it checked over by a professional or someone who has more experience than me as this is the first car I will race in a series that has strict rules - autocross tech inspection takes about a minute.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Collin

EDIT: I am in Waukesha, WI. I don't mind a decent drive to get this done however.
    Last edited by snatch13; 07-02-2008 at 11:02 AM.

How far are you from Minn MN?

I -might- be able to help you out, depending on schedules this weekend. Shoot me an e-mail at planet 6 racing and the google mail domain.
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

If your going to run the MCSCC school then why not contact the MCSCC Comp. Dir. Dave Wheeler? He runs a race prep shop in Beloit, WI and could do what you need done. He even let SCCA & MCSCC do pre-season Annual Tech inspections at his shop in late March- early April each year.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Thanks for the replies. I am a bit far from MN so I don't think I'll make it up there.

Bill, I will send you an email in a bit.

jimbbski - I wasn't aware of the shop or who he was. I will get in contact with him and see if its possible to have the car looked at.

I appreciate the help.

Do you have a tech inspector nearby? I was at Nelsons, (since I work there) and our tech guy was dropping off one of his race cars. He asked me to park his rig in his paddock spot after we mowed the area. I told him I would if he did the annual on my car!!! So he looked the car over and his rig was ready for him when he got there. Small favors net small favors. I've never heard of anyone turning down help especially for new drivers or new cars. And it doesn't matter how well you think you know the rules or how long you've been involved with racing, chances are you'll miss some small item that you may need to fix before you hit the track. So having someone else look it over is a very good idea.
    Bryan KF8G
    Nelson Ledges Road Course
    #16 IT7 Mazda
    "There you go man. Keep as cool as you can. Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe, you perceive, the web they weave. And keep on thinking freely"
    Graeme Edge The Moody Blues

I don't know how MCSCC operates, but you may need to have a logbook issued for your car before your driver's school. Call one of the MCSCC officials. I'm sure they'll fix you up.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)