Thread: Heater cores

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by 77ITA View Post
    When building a car from a bare chassis up, that doesn't really apply... but I digress; laziness is not what I am talking about here.

Some cars, are not as simple as two radiator hoses and two heater hoses. For example, here is a diagram of the coolant hose routing on the S2000. There is quite a bit of excess junk there that is associated directly with the heater core. It would obviously be more simple to not have that, but again.. my goal here isn't a rule change, rather to understand why the rule directs me that I need to keep all that junk.
    Why has every argument lately had the S2000 in it? We need XXX because of the S2000... etc. etc.

It's been long established that some cars do not make good IT cars or racecars in general. That's just the way it is. I didn't do my full homework up front and I race a Saturn. However, I'm not asking for any special allowances. I'm just glad I have the OPPORTUNITY to develop creative solutions...
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

I don't take this as a specific question related to the S2K; it just so happens it is coming from someone whose building one.

For example, here is a diagram of the coolant hose routing on the S2000.
    When I saw that diagram, I chuckled thinking how easy the engine bay of that Honda is compared to my ole Prelude was.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave, that's a good point, it's all about what we're used to. I race/wrench an RX-7, with that huge motor. (LOL). I got a Porsche 944S2 for ITR, took a look a the engine compartment and started feeling queasy!

Oh, and OK, Jeff, the avatar stays. (See? everytime I mention I should change it, I get objections!)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com