Thread: Heater cores

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up heater or hater

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post

Sounds like someone needs to take a trip to Fargo in December, eh? Jeez-Louise it's cold, too cold to snow even. I've spent a couple of winter months in Bismark, so I know this first hand....

James
    Thanks James:
    But been there done that, I was trying to make a point. We are now SCCA in PR and what sence would it make here south Florida, Texas or southern California to have a heater core in our cars?

Ok I grant you it is an item that could make an impact on comfort and on a rainy day but aside from that once it is full of coolant it could weight a few unwanted pounds.

Don't try to bring that point whenever you guys come down to race as everyone will laugh on your face.
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665

We understand the southern perspective here in NC. Racing in June/July/August can be brutal.

The real issue here is that our rules are based on limited modifications to the cars to make them raceable. Over the last 20 years, we have made -- in rare cases -- exceptions to the original rule set to allow additional modifications where those changes were necessary to deal with advancing technology, etc.

There is just no real reason to depart from the "keep it stock" aspect of IT racing with the heater core. Less weight/don't want coolant in the cabin, etc., not enough in my view. Not even close.

If you don't want to use the heater core, fine, just plug the lines. But no compelling reason to remove it and once we do then we get a 1000 requests to remove other parts because "they aren't necessary."
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by AE86ITA View Post
    Thanks James:
    But been there done that, I was trying to make a point. We are now SCCA in PR and what sence would it make here south Florida, Texas or southern California to have a heater core in our cars?

Ok I grant you it is an item that could make an impact on comfort and on a rainy day but aside from that once it is full of coolant it could weight a few unwanted pounds.

Don't try to bring that point whenever you guys come down to race as everyone will laugh on your face.
    We'll fact is no one says it's got to be functional. Drained of water those things can't weigh much. Same with the washer bottle, empty it's probably not even 12oz. If you laugh in my face, I hope I'm wearing clown makeup There's a reason my wife has clown music on her phone for her ringer, "March of the Gladiators" anyone??

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter