Ok guys Tim ran the school at Homestead two weekends back and did well and was signed off, but we fought a fuel delivery problem all weekend. The car has a stock tank which was refurbished, but it was still full of garbage that is clogging our fuel filters. In addition we think our more signfigant problem from the weekend was vapor lock as the tank was building up a load of pressure. The car would go out and run great for 3-4 laps, but once the vapor lock built up he had to come in because it couldn't draw enough fuel (pressure dropping from 3 lbs to less than 1). Open the cap, and prime the pump, and we were back in business at 3 lbs. After all this we figured it best to bite the bullet and put a cell in for both safety and reliability.
What I wanted to know is what sizes/kinds of cells and what fuel pumps you guys recommend for the 240 and if you have any specific install advice? Also do you use surge tanks with your racecars, or is the foam in the fuelcells sufficient to prevent fuel pickup problems in a z? We do plan on running enduros so we need enough fuel for more than a sprint event. Our thoughts were a 12 gal cell, but if a 10 gal cell was big enough I'd hate to put in a 12. I also was wondering if anybody has seen a well-cell installed in a z before? Even though the weight would be a little higher with it we thought it would be an easier install, and it would leave the rear hatch area uncut and wouldn't affect chassis rigidity. Thanks in advance for any advice.

chris