Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July Fastrack

Default July Fastrack

http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...track-july.pdf

So, because we didn't want to go national we now get left out of Fastrack?

just kidding...
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Meh. 2.5 cars to go to the runoffs. Whatever. Just as well IT isn't a part of that mess at the moment.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

You know, I wrote a letter and provided information, and it's not even discussed in the FasTrack!!

I know, I know, it'll be in the next one. But, I really wanted to see my name in print!!!
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Bill, we're doing some "housecleaning stuff" let's say, right now, and letters have been delayed a bit, sorry.

Also, did you guys see this?

Item 2. Effective 11/1/08, change section 9.3.19.A as follows:
    Driving suits that effectively cover the body from the neck to the ankles and wrists. One piece suits are highly recommended. All suits
    shall bear an SFI 3.2A/1 or higher certification label or FIA 8856-1986 or 8856-2000 homologation. Underwear of fire resistant material
    shall be used except with suits carrying FIA standard 8856-1986 or 8856-2000 or SFI 3-2A/5 or higher (e.g., /10, /15, /20)
    Certification Patch.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Bill, we're doing some "housecleaning stuff" let's say, right now, and letters have been delayed a bit, sorry.
    No worries, Jake. The ITAC has nothing to do with my letter.
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

And, here's the task force comments from the BoD, for those than haven't seen it.

:BOD/CLUB RACING TASK FORCE SUMMARY
    In response to declining entries and volunteer support for both the National Racing Program and the SCCA's Championship Event
    (Runoffs), a Task Force was established to review these programs and make recommendations on how interest in them might be
    renewed. The Task Force which consisted of representatives from the Board of Directors (BoD), the Club Racing Board (CR and the
    National Staff reviewed the programs, and along with extensive member input received over several years, made its recommendations
    to the Board of Directors. The Board at its May 10, meeting reviewed the Task Force recommendations, accepting some and rejecting
    others.
    The Board recognizes that change is always welcome for some and difficult for others. The Board also wants to provide member assurance
    that the path to be taken will be straightforward and will be stable over a reasonable period of time. For these reasons, the Board
    required a larger consensus, a minimum of nine votes, for approval of each item in the proposal. Moreover, the Board is committed
    to seeing this program through without any substantive changes for at least the next three years. A few minor points are still to be
    resolved, but none will have any substantive changes to the program.
    In the course of the Task Force's review, a number of items were identified that could be implemented for the 2008 Runoffs. None of
    these items would involve eligibility or the racing program, but would seek to improve the hospitality of the event. The significant
    changes in the racing program included in the Task Force proposal, and agreed to by the Board, would begin with the 2009 racing season.
    The Task Force report included a number of recommendations ranging from minor changes to the existing program to a major overhaul
    of the entire program. The Board reviewed each item being proposed and voted for or against each. The proposal to include
    Improved Touring (IT) in the National program generated considerable discussion. At the conclusion of this discussion, the Board voted
    to not include IT in the National Racing Program, but because many IT drivers support IT as a National class, the Board will task the
    CRB to develop a simplified path for some IT classes to progress, with necessary modifications, to the Limited Preparation National
    classes.
    Consolidation of classes was also a key item in the report. With the current 30 National classes, not all can be accommodated in their
    own race because of time available at the Runoffs. In addition, opportunities for new classes such as those using biofuels and hydrogen
    energy sources must be made possible for the future. Consequently, the Board has agreed to a consolidation plan that would
    begin with the 2009 season and will result in 23 race groups. The top 10 classes with the highest participation numbers based on
    the 2008 results will be guaranteed their own races, and the remaining classes may experience a race combined with another class.
    The latter would be based on the number of entries and car compatibility. For 2010 and beyond, there will be 21 National classes
    and 21 races at the Runoffs.
    Specific consolidations for the 2009 competition year include: CSR and DSR, and SSB will be split between SSC and T3. For the 2010
    season, the present class structure will be changed to the following 21 revised classes: SM, SRF, CSR/DSR/S2, GTL/GT3, FP/GP/HP,
    GT3/DP, GT2/GT3/BP, FF, T1/ST, T2, T3/SSB, SSC/SSB, FV, GT1, AS, FA/FB, FC, EP, F5, FE, and FM. Obviously, competition adjustments
    will need to be made by the Club Racing Board for some cars to ensure parity, and some current classes will need to be split
    between two or more new classes to minimize competition adjustments
    Beginning in 2009, in order to qualify for the Runoffs, drivers must start and finish four races, two must be in their division of record,
    and points may be counted from a driver's best seven finishes. Also, the week of Runoff racing will begin on Tuesday with three days
    for qualifying followed by three days of racing. Section 9.1.12 of the GCR will continue to be utilized to determine the retention or inclusion
    of the various car classes as National classes.
    The Board discussed whether or not to retain the current Club Racing program which provides for the Regional and National racing
    structure as compared to a program that would involve "just races." The latter would involve all races being equal but having Divisional
    Championships, a national points system or a combination thereof to select Runoffs entrants. While a change to the traditional
    Regional/National race concept had some support, the Board voted it would be best for the program to retain the current system.
    The Board understands that because the program entails significant changes in many areas which will directly affect many of our competitors,
    these changes may cause concern. Furthermore, the Board understands these concerns and will strive to make any needed
    transitions as smooth and painless as possible.
    Once again, the Board is committed to this program, without significant changes, for the next three years.
    Bill, that's good, because I was scratching my head wondering where your letter went!
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Bullshit SFI stuff makes me want to puke. But I'm the only one, I guess.

K

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    So, because we didn't want to go national we now get left out of Fastrack?

just kidding...
    Yes, and we get left out of the 2008 Club Racing calender as well. I hadn't paid much attention to it until the other day, but there is not an IT car to be found in the entire calender. Seemingly innocuous but it makes me mad just the same.

Every manner of car from FV to Rallycross to SM and Pro-everything, to butt-ugly A/Mod autocrossers are all included, but the classes with the finest racing in the club has no representation. Curious.....

Sorry, I know I'm off topic, but crap like that just bugs me.
    [/vent]
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

Um, did I miss something? Wasn't that from the June Fastrack?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wire View Post
    Yes, and we get left out of the 2008 Club Racing calender as well. I hadn't paid much attention to it until the other day, but there is not an IT car to be found in the entire calender. Seemingly innocuous but it makes me mad just the same.

Every manner of car from FV to Rallycross to SM and Pro-everything, to butt-ugly A/Mod autocrossers are all included, but the classes with the finest racing in the club has no representation. Curious.....

Sorry, I know I'm off topic, but crap like that just bugs me.
    [/vent]
    I noticed it and then threw the calendar away. Yes, it was insulting to me too.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Bill, did you receive an auto response that your letter was received? Please call me with reference to the Isaac devise. Two of us in the phone book I live in Tosa on 67th street.

Thanks

How can you guys be all excited that were not included after being hardened by all the give & shove on this site. Shucks, my buddy Kenny's Spec Miata showed up in Grassroots Motorsports Mag this month, they even mentioned his name & accomplishmet at a Midwestern Council race. Maybe we belong to the wrong sanctioning group.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

The prevailing sentiment here was that folks didn't want to have anything to do with IT integrating into the bigger picture of club racing ("going National"). You want respect? Or do you want us to be allowed to be basically autonomous to the rest of the program? There might be a connection.

I'm just askin'...

K

Default Typo?

Is it a typo?
    T3 number 3.
    "Volkswagen GTI, classified in TB 08-01,"
    Should it be "classified in T3"?
    Also, 08-01 is this 2008 to 2001?
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

The latter for me....but I think you knew that....

I likey my rebel outlaw regional class run by Kickin' Kirk, Jivin' Jake, Awesome Andy, Joshin' Josh, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    The prevailing sentiment here was that folks didn't want to have anything to do with IT integrating into the bigger picture of club racing ("going National"). You want respect? Or do you want us to be allowed to be basically autonomous to the rest of the program? There might be a connection.

I'm just askin'...

K
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

ONE sentiment here was that folks didn't want to have anything to do with IT integrating into the bigger picture of club racing ("going National").
    Fixed that for you. There was more than an small contingent that felt otherwise.

It's too bad that a vocal group that is afraid to have a higher level of competition is able to hold back the category as a whole.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    Fixed that for you. There was more than an small contingent that felt otherwise.

It's too bad that a vocal group that is afraid to have a higher level of competition is able to hold back the category as a whole.
    Chris - I think "prevailing sentiment" is in fact the correct description. It was over 2 to 1 against going National, in the poll held on these pages. That's not just a "vocal group", rather a very clear cut majority.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post

It's too bad that a vocal group that is afraid to have a dramatically increased cost of racing is able to hold back the category as a whole.
    Fixed that one too
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

I'm just askin'...

K
    Autonomy, with a side of cole slaw please...
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

But if I don't get my way, I'm going NASA and starting Spec TR8!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Boy, you guys sure do jump on red herrings quickly, LOL. They must be tasty.

Jeff...in long past discussions with the CRB, when we were just shooting the s8it, and the national thing came up, the issue of IT being run by us, (as opposed to the CRB and the BoD) came up, and it was met with 100% absolute certainty that if IT were to go National, that nothing would change in regards to the ruleset and the running of the category. (that's the CRB's position) Now, of course, we haven't really sat down and had actual official meetings over it, and the suggestion was tuned down by the BoD, but, that's one concern that I don't share.

I know, call me naive', but remember, i'm on the inside and know the characters.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region