Thread: New Feature ! User Editable Web Pages

Exclamation New Feature ! User Editable Web Pages

Yes, you read correctly.... YOU the IT.com USER will be able to build your own web pages. :026:

At first we are going to limit this ability to a few, then later open it up to a broader group.

The first page I created was just to cut and paste the really old and incorrect IT Class Track Records into a page here:

https://improvedtouring.com...g=trackrecords

All of you who are Moderators should be able to edit the above link.

1- Visit the Webtemplate above and at the end of page in the blue footer you'll see a "Edit This Page" link, click on it.

2- A new editor window will open up for you in which you can edit the webtemplate content in the vbulletin editor interface. You can use smilies, bbcode, etc. Edit the page, then click update.

It's just a practice page so if you mess it up don't worry much. We'll just ban you from the site if you do

As always, gimme your feedback here so I know what to fix, change, enable, disable etc....

We can add or remove site content from the page and create a customer "look" later..for now just practice... but it woudl be nice if you practiced with real track record data!

If you can think of any other useful web pages you want on IT.com ASAP let me know.

Oh and last thing. Eventually we'll be adding these to the site menus so they are easy to find. For now any pages created can just be pinked to in a post.

Cheers....
    - Webmaster

OK, i added a couple :cool:, seemed to work fine once I figured out the coding with the < and the > as opposed to [ and ].
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Cool, Thanks Jake.
    So I guess the concept works....

Now the next question is what sort of content might the IT.com community want to log, archive, display, and be able to update, edit, etc ??
    - Webmaster

A running list of requested rule changes? (Like "My car can't make weight, it should be allowed to remove the glass and bumpers", etc.)

Kirks working on such a tome now....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com