1.) FA, FB, FC, FE, FF, FM, FS, CFC, CSR, DSR, S2
    2.) SM, ITC
    3.) GT1, GT2, GT3, T1, T2, AS, SPO, ITE, BP, ST
    4.) ITR, ITS, ITB
    5.) SRF, SPU, Legends
    6.) SSM, DP, EP, FP, GP, HP, GTL
    7.) FV, F500, CF, NCF, FST
    8.) ITA, IT7, SSB, SSC, T3

I didn't see ITS times for the weekend, so I don't know how many laps I would lose in ITB (plus I'm pokey), but, I'd have to see how many S cars y'all get. I can think of few, if any, ITC drivers who would want to be in the mix with SM. As a former ITC driver, I'd rather be out there with GT1. I'd rather have my fingernails ripped off. I think you'll find near complete agreement on that last point.

The only group last weekend that was light was wings and things - 6 cars? If you get the same turnout, resource allocation says the group needs to go with someone else. ITB/SS/ITC seemed to work well. YMMV. I recall some unhappiness with A/S/R combo.

Based on the counts from last weekend, The R/S/B combo and the SSM/Prod groups will be crowded. Maybe move B with A and drop SS/T3 in with R/S? A cars out pace the B cars and the SS/T3 guys are use to running with T1 Corvettes (at least in Nationals).

I'm certain they intend to do this at some point, but I'll dump on the porta-john situation again. Can they distribute these things through-out the entire paddock? It's a LONG walk to the flushies from the middle of the paddock.

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Joe - sorry I missed you; I came by to say hello Sat evening, but you all must have still been chowing down, as your paddocks were empty. You guys should come down to SP for Labor Day.
    Sorry we missed ya. We didn't hang around very long Sat. It was to damn hot, and after running 4 sessions DP/ITA I was done . We'll catch ya next time. Ya thinkin of running at Jersey in Sept?
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

How about some showers for the people that camp at the track. Seems to me that if you can spend all that money to build a great track why not a few showers.

Quote Originally Posted by dominojd View Post
    Ya thinkin of running at Jersey in Sept?
    I'll probably be there, either driving or working. Now that I know I can get there (in the car) in just over 3 hrs (225 miles no less) it's no big deal to just run up there for a day or two.

Dave, I heard many people say the same thing this weekend, and if I remember correctly there are plans to put in showers.

One thing nobody has mentioned yet, and there was quite a bit of discussion about it before hand; were there any encounters with the NJSP this weekend, positive or negative?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    One thing nobody has mentioned yet, and there was quite a bit of discussion about it before hand; were there any encounters with the NJSP this weekend, positive or negative?
    The geheimen Staatspolizei drove through the ENTIRE paddock twice each day - Friday through Sunday. Looking for what? God only knows. Never got out of the car. At one point, we had two cars cruising the paddock.

Advice for those planning on doing a track-run test day - get there early and have your annual tech completed IN advance. You need to have tech done by the track who will check the dates on your belt. There also is a fairly long inspection that it appears needs to done if you have not had an annual tech. I'd call and ask the track if you lack the annual 'cause, according to the way I read the form, your car will need to go on a lift to be inspected by a licensed mechanic qualified to do NJ inspections without it.

When doing the SCCA tech, know the dates your belts expire.

Default Questions for August?

Will the test day info be posted on NESCCA site for registration, No Garages for Lighting circuit? and $12.00 for ice:eek: is that a 50Lb bag??? TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

thanks for the thumbs up on the win. it took some time to get the car back to where it needed to be. for this race alone i changed the intake, got the car closer to minimum weight, changed the rear springs and went back to hoosiers. also this track rewarded light and nimble. after the 2nd practice i knew the car was on rails. a overall pole of 120.07 got me psyched. ken was on the front row with me and it is interesting that the 2 cars, as different as you can get, were as equal as you get. the start was perfect as i was afraid that the ssb cars were going to blow by me on the start. a lap latter the ssb z4 blew buy me and was gone. from then on ken and i pounded out great laps. only traffic or a mistake was going to change the outcome. i saw the 1 to go flag and i tried to throw the race away by missing my marks. luckily i kept my composure enough to beat him by 3 tenths. a great race in extremely hot conditions.
    in the end ken was rewarded with the initial track record by one tenth. that sucks but ken got it done!
    great track
    great effort by the scca and the track.
    to me not many true passing areas.
    as greg said going threw dust clouds is no fun.
    the two over the hill blind turns are wild!
    in the light bulb why are people dragging sand and gravel on to the track? your i think it is a very fast corner with no reason the put tires off.
    the heat wore me out.
    on the way home i took route 120 from exit 7a to 287 and it helped alot since the turnpike was crawling at that point.
    i think i saw $4.67 for diesal in nj. how can i bring some of that home?
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Are results on Mylap.com? I haven't seen anything on the NESCCA site yet.

What are the overall impressions of the track in terms of a racing circuit? Greg touched on a few highlights regarding confidence and momentum plus a benefit to cars with power. Does anyone have thoughts on the flow of the track or how well can you set up a corner for passing, are there any ridiculous corners or corners that are just plain fun to drive? Is the track racey?? (Is that a word?) The pavement looks great, and the pictures make it look like it could be fun.

I am looking forward to the October race. A bit cooler I am sure at that time too.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JaxonMotorsports44 View Post
    I just posted the results book on www.sjr-scca.org/njmp/results.html. There is a link there to the results book. It is a pdf file containing all the results. When I get a chance, I will break them down to groups.

What are the overall impressions of the track in terms of a racing circuit? Greg touched on a few highlights regarding confidence and momentum plus a benefit to cars with power. Does anyone have thoughts on the flow of the track or how well can you set up a corner for passing, are there any ridiculous corners or corners that are just plain fun to drive? Is the track racey?? (Is that a word?) The pavement looks great, and the pictures make it look like it could be fun.
    I thought there were plenty of places to try to pass. What I found interesting, was that getting inside someone did not necessarily translate into a completed pass. (at least for me!) I guess I was worried about moving out and hitting my competitor. I did some side-by-side with Jeff Haines from 4 into 7 (the left hander). It was very interesting! I congratulate him on staying on the outside through 6 (blind over the hill turn)!

Meg
    Meg Meyer
    #27 ITC Honda Civic

I am looking forward to the October race. A bit cooler I am sure at that time too.

Jay
    It is up on MyLaps now!