Thread: First SCCA Race at NJMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Tigaman - Printing this out and bringing with me.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Only one week to go until SCCA road racing returns to New Jersey for the first time in over 40 years. The Inaugural Lightning Challenge regional races will be held on the NJMP Lightning Course on 19-20 July. Enter now to become part of this historic event - you will never get a second chance to enter the first race.

Since there are three separate NEDiv events on the weekend before the Lightning Challenge, the South Jersey Region has decided to eliminate the late registration fee for anyone using our online registration.

Peter, thanks for the video and the tutorial - great stuff

Hope to see you there

Terry Hanushek
    South Jersey Region
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 07-11-2008 at 11:53 PM.

I'm in, for both ITS and DP.

Note that if you also entered DP, you'd get some pretty good additional track time for less cost than the test day, in advance of your "regular" group, now there's no late fee, and you can pay at the gate...

Hey, just sayin'...

GA

Default first race

I just got back home from running the enduro with Emra. The track is fast and fun, and the facilities are good. There was a lot of food vendors and tons of beer vendors too . the paddock is big and their are a lot of power hookups. I think its important to come out and support this event. We need to focus on the bigger picture and not worry about the small stuff. This is SJ's first event and there is bound to be some hiccups and we should understand and try to help however we can. The important part is that we have a great facility here and its going to serve us well for a long time.......

I wont be racing as the budget is set for the year and I cannot push myself over it. But john did convince me to come up and work EV.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Default Need a tow?

We are heading down from New Hampshire with the BB Racing Miata so Brandon can continue the trek to the top. We have an empty spot in the trailer right now so if anyone is interested in hitching a ride down in an enclosed trailer let us know. $375 gets you there if you are interested, shoot me an email greg at bbracingusa dot com.
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

Coming out of the "Light Bulb" (??) on to the main straight, there seems to be a kink in the track where the natural line takes you back across the track, like Lime Rock's back straight. I see potential problems with a faster car trying to stick their nose in trying to make the pass to the inside and having the slower car not see it coming.

Were there any problems with this at any of the other events?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place