Thread: First SCCA Race at NJMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default first race

I just got back home from running the enduro with Emra. The track is fast and fun, and the facilities are good. There was a lot of food vendors and tons of beer vendors too . the paddock is big and their are a lot of power hookups. I think its important to come out and support this event. We need to focus on the bigger picture and not worry about the small stuff. This is SJ's first event and there is bound to be some hiccups and we should understand and try to help however we can. The important part is that we have a great facility here and its going to serve us well for a long time.......

I wont be racing as the budget is set for the year and I cannot push myself over it. But john did convince me to come up and work EV.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Default Need a tow?

We are heading down from New Hampshire with the BB Racing Miata so Brandon can continue the trek to the top. We have an empty spot in the trailer right now so if anyone is interested in hitching a ride down in an enclosed trailer let us know. $375 gets you there if you are interested, shoot me an email greg at bbracingusa dot com.
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

Coming out of the "Light Bulb" (??) on to the main straight, there seems to be a kink in the track where the natural line takes you back across the track, like Lime Rock's back straight. I see potential problems with a faster car trying to stick their nose in trying to make the pass to the inside and having the slower car not see it coming.

Were there any problems with this at any of the other events?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Any ITS Rx7s need someone to help out for the weekend?

I have a semi built to rules 91 that i would like to start racing in a few years in the northeast and would like to get out to meet some of you guys. shoot me a message.

Default when is a good time to go down?

leaving from nyc. when is a good time to drive down? friday afternoon? sat am? i know alot of people go towards the beaches.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Quote Originally Posted by dazzlesa View Post
    leaving from nyc. when is a good time to drive down? friday afternoon? sat am? i know alot of people go towards the beaches.
    There is no good time. Beach and getaway traffic on Friday is godawful. It actually starts on Thursday in the summer(this coming from a person who commutes daily from LI to central NJ). Probably a better bet to get up at o'dark thirty on Saturday morning and head on down. Sunday night coming home will be no better - the Turnpuke will be bad up to exit 6 (the Pennsy 'Pike) and spectacularly bad beyond there.

Hint: grab a map and look for Route 130, which parallels the NJ Turnpuke for most of the length of the trip from Route 52 up to around exit 8A. Although it is a local road with lights and whathaveyou, it does tend to work better than the turnpike on a Sunday night.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbronco View Post
    Any ITS Rx7s need someone to help out for the weekend?

I have a semi built to rules 91 that i would like to start racing in a few years in the northeast and would like to get out to meet some of you guys. shoot me a message.
    Find the Flatout paddock...you might see some stuff you like!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967