Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
- Using DLBRacing instead of the registration system that the rest of the division uses;
At least two Regions assigned to NEDIV do not use the NESCCA website.
There is a link on the hosting Region's website.

- Requiring payment *in advance*; with
- a $30 cancellation (uh, sorry, "administration") fee.
Neither of which is out of the ordinary and SOP for the events I've entered, both in NEDIV and SEDIV. A quick check of the supps posted on the NESCCA site indicates that many regions require prepayment and hold funds for cancellation AND some do not promise ANY refund for withdrawals.

- A track with a $250 test day fee if paid in advance by yesterday or $350 afterwards and zero refund if canceled within a week???
Summit Point is $225 and its a dump. Nelson is $150 and it's what's produced when you dump. Brand new track, smooth paving, good facilities - yep, that shouldn't be more than what Summit charges. The zero refund is harsh, but the answer is easy - cancel before the week comes.

Just one question: does NJMP and South Jersey Region realize that the economy's heading for the sh**er, energy prices are approaching double what they were a year ago, and now's REALLY not the best time to be asking for a lot more money and inconvenience from the racers?
What inconvenience? What extra money? It's a brand new facility that, based on VIR, will put EVERY track in NEDIV to shame. You get what you pay for and even then they overcharge you. Racing at Summit is less expensive, but the pavement is crap and the facilities, even when brand new, looked old and worn.

What control does SJR have over the fee it needs to charge to rent the track? SJR isn't a racing region. I'm betting dollars to donuts that the Region needs to cash the checks and process the credit cards to keep its track rental check from entering orbit from the bounce.

In short, I think you need to have some cheddar to go with the zinfindel.