Thread: what happend to the RA Cat "regional?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default what happend to the RA Cat "regional?"

Looks like the sups don't include an IT event this year at the CAT national?? Any ideas from the central division folks?

Hm. I thought the restricted regional was still there.

Between that and the Milwaukee Mile regional weekend getting cancelled (again - but at least not the night before this time) we are way down on races here this year.

All the more reason to head out to IT Fest.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

It is still shown as a restricted regional on the CenDiv website schedule, but the supps don't come up on the Milwaukee Region website.

I suggest making a phone call to someone in the Milwaukee region to confirm.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

pavis, call Milwaukee RE Mike Cudahy @ Prototype Composities for your info required for the Cat National/restricted Regional 1-414-354-5144
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

confirmed with Mike Cudahy that there will be no resticted regional. "It upset the national drivers." ?????

I'm still not clear why it was listed on both the regional and divisional web site since february as nat/restricted regional.

Any ITA drivers interested in running DP that weekend?

Pete

Depending on $$, I was planning to run the IT and DP parts for the CAT. Now, not so sure...
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Quote Originally Posted by pavis View Post
    confirmed with Mike Cudahy that there will be no resticted regional. "It upset the national drivers." ?????

I'm still not clear why it was listed on both the regional and divisional web site since february as nat/restricted regional.

Any ITA drivers interested in running DP that weekend?

Pete
    You must submit your schedule months in adavnce of any race of course. Milw region decided to add the restricted regional at that time based on years past. After they looked at the numbers for that group it became apparent it was not worth doing it financialy.
    End of story. You would have to ask the Cen-Div webmaster why there was no change.
    As for all races being a spectator race there are a couple of reasons why.
    The first is it makes it easier to get family and extra crew in to the track especially minors when you have a spectator race. It also allows you to have 24/7 security at the gate to allow acsess where as before the gates closed at 11-12 at night and were locked until the AM. This extra security costs $$$ and a lot of it. The sanction fees also go up a fair share for the spectator race. Don't forget track rent went up too. I have not seen the numbers for this year but figure about 15-16K per day plus ambulance,wrecker, etc. Hope this helps