Thread: what happend to the RA Cat "regional?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

About half of the entry fee increase was in fact due to the above mentioned change from 'non-spectator' to 'spectator' status (which added about $10-$15 per car) and the rest was due to other cost increases i.e. track rental, trophys, worker lunches, etc.

The restricted regional has been a money loser except for the years of the Miata Cup (which was held prior to Spec Miata becoming a National class). The one year of the super successful Miata Cup (2005???) saw enough entries that we were actually able to reduce the National entry fee for that year.

Hopefully 2009 and beyond will see a reduction in both the regional & national entry fees at RA due to increased car counts as a result of the Runoffs venue change.

I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed for IT to run in conjunction with the national in 2009...I believe they are holding a special restricted regional race group to celibrate the 40th anniversary of Formula Ford and (based on previous success with the FVee birthday parties at RA) this should be a huge draw. Maybe in 2010??

Edit - Last year had 10-11 IT/SP cars entered for the restricted regional...this didn't even cover the cost of the separate sanctioning fee for the restricted regional.
    Last edited by Greg Gauper; 06-30-2008 at 07:49 PM.
    2002 Cen-Div ITC Champ
    (Converted to G-Prod in 2003)
    (Bumped to H-Prod in 2008)
    2008, 2011 HP Cen-Div Champ
    2011 HP National Champ

Hey Greg,

That's news to me about the spectator vs. non-spectator insurance costs. But I know Tracey is very involved in putting on races, so I will take your info as gospel instead of my numbers which are second hand.

I was thinking of the Miata Cup years that led to a reduction in entry fees. Ah the good ol' days of 2005 !!!
    Milwaukee Region
    Member 289368
    #09 HP VW Golf