Thread: what happend to the RA Cat "regional?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bill,

I think you misunderstood Drew's comment (and hopefully he will chime in)

He wasn't talking about the 10-11 restricted regional drivers being upset...

He was talking about the 200-250 National race group drivers being upset at having the restricted regional thrown into the weekend schedule, despite the fact that we have typically given preference to the national race groups by scheduling the restricted regional race group last...

Where most of the grumbling occurred was during the Miata Cup heyday a few years back, in which they (the Miata's) were given a race on Saturday & on Sunday, and the Sunday race was scheduled as one of the earlier race groups. The drivers were disgruntled about the fact that Sunday's schedule kept them from getting home a little bit early. When it was pointed out to said disgruntled drivers that the extra 50-60 cars from the restricted regional helped to reduce to National entry fee by approximately $50, said drivers were less 'gruntled'
    2002 Cen-Div ITC Champ
    (Converted to G-Prod in 2003)
    (Bumped to H-Prod in 2008)
    2008, 2011 HP Cen-Div Champ
    2011 HP National Champ

Yep, exactly right Greg. It didn't seem like after SM "went" National that there was much interest in having a regional race combined with a National weekend for the Cat. I've run alot of races in MIDIV where ALL of their races are combined National/Regional weekends.

I'm not in that big of a hurry to get home if by having larger number of entries that will keep the cost of entries in line, or even reduce them, over having a strictly National weekend.
    Milwaukee Region
    Member 289368
    #09 HP VW Golf