Thread: nashville ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i need to talk to my friend matt. we showed up for the night enduro and we walked threw the pits and got some cool pictures and we tried to get some of the race.. but we had no lighting and we didnt want to use a flash..

Good job, Paul! I was glad to help, although I don't feel like I did very much. Don't forget to go back and add a lock washer to the top left stud on the rear carb. The one I dropped will eventually fall out of the car somewhere. Let me know what you find out when you tear down the engine.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

Thanks again for your help Dave. As soon as i get a leak down check done I will know which way to proceed. Number 3 rockers (both) were both off. Only one of them shows any sign of impact. Both valve springs kept the retainers so maybe, just maybe, I got lucky.

I owe you big time. Has Randy started on your cage? Also let him know that I may have a 5 speed gearbox as well if he needs it.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

You don't owe me a thing. We have not yet started the cage, but I got the tub off of the rotisserie onto jack stands and levelled it up so we can start. I've got to temporarily mount the dash, steering column, foot pedals and heater/blower box so I can locate the driver's seat first. Then we can start fabbing the cage. I'll let you know what's happening as we progress.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN