Thread: nashville ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default nashville ???

so, what happened, any reports?????

Good Racing.
    Results were posted on Mylaps the evening of the event. Search Heart of Dixie.
    The 3 hour night Enduro was fun. Somehow time seemed to pass faster racing without sunlight. Michael Hartberger was the only driver to Iron Man the enduro, and he finished exhausted but first in Spec Miata. It was fun having a night race at the same time as the 24 Hours of Lemans was racing.
    Drivers commented that the track was much more challenging than they expected.
    Bill

Paul Ballance, a frequent poster here, and a Novice this year, won the ITS race on Sunday. His first win I think, and well deserved as he contributed a lot in the effort to do this race at Nashville Superspeedway.
    Bill

Way to go Paul :026: You were looking good Saturday as well!

JB, DS, and myself ran what was my very first enduro. It was done under the lights Saturday (VERY cool, man is that a pretty facility). We did it in my ITB car - it was an absolute blast despite having only 3rd and 4th gear (I broke the shifter linkage on lap 1). We finished 10th of 14 and 1st in ITB (the only ITB car - where was everybody? - you missed a great event).

Tennessee Valley Region and Chattanooga Region did an AMAZING job of putting on this event. I had a fantastic time!

If you missed running under the lights at Nashville, you missed something really special - I hope to see you at the next one

Thank you Bill for all your hard work!
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

Default Nashville

Considering that the track is in the far northwest corner of the division and with increased travel expenses, AND being on Daddy Day weekend, I thought the turnout was good. I'll second the kudos on TVR and CR on the excellent job organizing this event.

Bob Hudson
    Div Chief Steward
    Atlanta Region

this looked like a fun event.. i would have been down for the PDX if rod number 3 in my 240sx wouldnt have decided it wanted to be a rebel and jump out the block.. lol

but one of these days im going to join yall in IT i just need to get a car.. and get a shit load of track time before i attempt to club race.. lol i dont want to be in everybodys way and accendently cause wrecks..

Great race report Paul, nice job! Hope that the rockers just jumped off an no damage was done. A couple of Z's I've been around have done that, although mine hasn't - knock on wood!

Ron

Good News, Leak downs are ok, Put the rockers back on and the car and fired her up. RUns and sounds good. Now I need to nut and bolt, change fluids, etc and get ready for Barber.

I also found time to finally edit some video. Here is the start and first lap or so of the Saturdays race

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA7G05Um0ls[/ame]
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Way to go Paul!
    katman

Good job Paul!