Great time was had by all amid the heat, rain, and darkness.
Clean racing for the most part as far as I could tell.
The usual suspects looked strong and did well. I didn'y get results so that will have to come from someone else.
Jake, I have new respect for you RX7 guys. For years I thought the whole lot was a bunch of wild drivers. With this being my first experience in a first gen RX7, all I can say is a racer doesn't have many chances to go back in time, but that is how the car felt. I was vintage racing while the rest of the field was in a real race. We basically tried to stay out of the way for 12 hours. Going from a miata to the RX7 was eye opening.
After one of our guys slapped the wall, out lighting was .......how would you say.....maybe, crap. I had the last stint so any time I was by myself I was 50 / 50 on missing the turn in....anywhere! Finally I hooked up with the York Racing Vwagon and followed him for the last hour. THANKS! I could see.
My one highpoint of the race was making a "non turn in" at the left (6) to keep from being a miata late break victim. I just stopped and let the miata slide straight off. The corner workers gave me a "gold star" according to our race control person. Other then that, just not hitting or getting hit was a big win.