Someone had told me they allowed Remote Canisters, and as such, we just went to rebuild a set of our customers (custom one-off Dynamic dampers that have been converted to non canister,) and I was going to have hoses and cans put back on them. So I came on here to look up the latest ruling, and find that the change was only to allow OEM remote canister dampers.

You have to be kidding me. This is one of the most vapid rules in the whole GCR. I figured that since cooler heads prevailed in Touring, they would prevail here too.

Let me break it down for those of you clinging to this completely ineffective rule:

- Remote canisters have nothing to do with damper price
- Koni 28's at $1000+/each are perfectly legal
- Penskes at $400/each, Motons at $900/each are not
- The Sachs through-rod dampers we run on our Speed Touring Car ($16k/set) could easily be converted to two-ways and be LEGAL for IT

Does anyone else see how crazy this is? Can we please think a little bit before missing a chance to not perpetuate a useless rule. Anyone who really believes that banning remote canister shocks keeps cost down really needs to re-read the above points.

Now we have to rebuild the dampers as-is, and then likely take them off again once the ITAC and CRB finally make the right choice and allow canisters.

Unbelievable. Really.

-Jason Saini . www.goteammer.com