Thread: Le Mans ...Who will win ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Paul Goyette
    Brumos Porsche
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    lildebbieracing.com

Wow GT1 is going to be a battle royal !!!

You;ve got great battles in all four classes.

LMP1: I think Peugeot will shock Audi this year. They have the pace and I think they have the durability.

LMP2: I don't think the Porsche RS Spyders have the durability to last the 24 hours; they've never competed in a 24-hour race before. It's pretty much a toss-up, with good teams and cars. My guess is the Quifel Lola-AER will take it. I'm rtooting fo rthe Bruihladdich Radical, but I realistically hope for only a finish.

GT1: This is a battle of the heavy-weights. I say Corvette, Aston, Saleen, with a possible surprise of the Saleen on the top step.

GT2: Porsche (Flying Lizard No. 80), Ferrari (Risi No. 82), and Porsche (Imsa Performance No. 76).

Enjoy the race!
    Aspiring IT road racer; current Solo II competitor (Red 1994 VW Golf in STS) and flagger

I am late on my vote but without watching the begining yet... I can't vote for anything other than one of the Audi's for overall...

LMP1: Audi North America
    LMP2: Porsche RS2 Spyder
    GT1: Saleen
    GT2: Porsche

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Hmmmmmm.....just a little german biased

Quote Originally Posted by m glassburner View Post
    Hmmmmmm.....just a little german biased

Well... Dad did race the 61st Saleen built in 1986 for a few years in ITE so I had to give them my vote!!! (I could be off a couple on the build number, maybe the crew will correct me?, but I know it was one of the first 100 Saleens built and had the number on the bumper)

Other than that though.... what else would you want to win!!! a Honda :eek: or wose yet a Mazda... lol

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Koschwitz View Post
    You;ve got great battles in all four classes.

LMP1: I think Peugeot will shock Audi this year. They have the pace and I think they have the durability.

LMP2: I don't think the Porsche RS Spyders have the durability to last the 24 hours; they've never competed in a 24-hour race before. It's pretty much a toss-up, with good teams and cars. My guess is the Quifel Lola-AER will take it. I'm rtooting fo rthe Bruihladdich Radical, but I realistically hope for only a finish.

GT1: This is a battle of the heavy-weights. I say Corvette, Aston, Saleen, with a possible surprise of the Saleen on the top step.

GT2: Porsche (Flying Lizard No. 80), Ferrari (Risi No. 82), and Porsche (Imsa Performance No. 76).
    Boy, was I wrong!

The Peugeots hung with the Audis the whole race, but hamstrung themselves with too much time in the pits.

The Porsche RS Spyders ran incredibly well -- like little German freight trains. I am very impressed. The Quifel team ran well, finishing fourth. The Radicval classified as a finisher, at least.

Aston takes GT1 in probably its last Le Mans, with Corvette on the same lap -- after 24 hours of racing. What a battle. The Saleen finished, but well down the order.

Ferrari sweeps the top four places in GT2. I'm sure guys in Stuttgart are scratching their heads. My predicted second-place finisher took the top step. My predicted third-place finisher took out my predicted first-place finisher.

Hell of a race. I can't wait until next year.
    Aspiring IT road racer; current Solo II competitor (Red 1994 VW Golf in STS) and flagger