Thread: 12-hour teams?

Default 12-hour teams?

Is there a listing anywhere of the 12-hour entries showing all drivers for the teams? DLB appears to only show the driver whose account the team registered under, but I could have sworn in the past there was a team listing somewhere.

Sure would be nice to know if there are particular teams we should be keeping an eye on
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Is there a listing anywhere of the 12-hour entries showing all drivers for the teams? DLB appears to only show the driver whose account the team registered under, but I could have sworn in the past there was a team listing somewhere.

Sure would be nice to know if there are particular teams we should be keeping an eye on
    In the past, I would compile this information from the entries, try and write releases for notable entries and do a pre-race prediction mentioning sponsors that would go out on at least 2 of the motorsports sites that cover club racing. Haven't done it for the last 2 years since nobody seemed to notice it.

ITA: Zelones, Colletti, Robinson RX7s don't have the MPG to win this unless the Acura's break.

ITB: Toss up: Troxell or Knestis with the nod going to Troxell. Kirk is old as dirt and the heat is going to take it out of him.

ITE: Miskoe (Fav), Lucas, Himes. Ellinger will be in the hunt if mechanical issues hurt these three. King Rat is too prone to collecting wild life.

ITS: Legg (Fav), Crossett. Dave Toy's luck makes King Rat look lucky. Allard has the experience, but not the car. Borinski as the dark horse. Either the Porsche will run like Sebastian Coe or it'll be spend alot of time in the pits.

SM: Miskoe or Shelton. Leaning towards Miskoe because Shelton's luck is the same as Mr. Toy's. If the rest of the Meathead crowd are in the car, then lean back towars Shelton.

SSM: Plunkett (Fav), Sharkitt, Meathead. Sharkitt's team probably knows the track the best and probably has the most night experience, but my entrails say that pesky bad luck is going to follow Mr. Sharkitt.

That help?

Thanks Jeff - when I said "keeping and eye on", I was thinking from a pit marshall stanpoint tho...just wondering where all the trouble-makers were going to be.

But while we're here, did something happen to Sharkitt's team again last year? I was on that crew for the '06 race when they had that little adventure going down the chute on lap 1 (or was it 2?), and spent the next 2 hrs in the pits. Do we know who the other drivers are this year?
    Last edited by erlrich; 06-11-2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: forgot smilie
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    ... Kirk is old as dirt and the heat is going to take it out of him...
    Six mile run in 95* heat went AOK this evening. Averaged 8:45 miles, spank you very much... :cool:

There ARE times (like this week) however, when I seriously think that the next enduro car will have AC. There's little doubt that 3 hour stints are going to be tough on the drivers, so we'll probably adopt a strategy that's a little easier on me and the other three meat puppets.

K

earl. There are never any trouble makers on pit lane. Just people who get too spun up and cause a rule infraction either by spilling too much fuel or doing something they where not suppposed to. In the past few years of working pit it was actually pretty nice. Friday I will know the planned rotation, but last year due to lack of experienced crew there where only two of us to handle pit out at night and I spent the whole race there.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    ITA: Zelones, Colletti, Robinson RX7s don't have the MPG to win this unless the Acura's break.

I would not rule out the RX7 , we have showed in the past that one can win. The Acura's do have some issues that will bit them.

Roland

Earl, we promise to be good so as to not incur your wrath....but you're still welcome to stop by and say "Hi" to us clowns from the Midwest in the Integra Type-R. Pit #17.

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

I was a Black Flag steward last year, and shall be again this year.

With the exception of fuel spills and optimistic stopwatches , there was remarkably little incident in the pit lane last year.

DTR's: make sure that everyone on your team, and especially drivers, has plenty to drink, eats regularly, and has a chance to cool off. It's going to be warm and humid on Saturday. It's very easy to get overcooked in these conditions.

Just for the record guys, I was only kidding about the trouble makers... I hope

I was just wondering how many virtual names I might get to put a face to this weekend...
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    I was just wondering how many virtual names I might get to put a face to this weekend...
    A lot. Me, Kirk, Cameron Conover, Phil Phillips, AJ Nealey, Jeff Underwood, Jon Kofod, Chris Perrera, RJ Jenkins, and others...and that's just in the Team Conover pits...

'Cmon by; we'll be in the first pit at the end of the line...

I'll be crewing for the Rats. I'll be by Team Conover to say hi and pick up my next ITB build as well.

Tristan
    Last edited by chewy8000; 06-11-2008 at 02:46 PM.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

When did a German taxi cab not get you where you needed to go?
    Chuck

Damn greg, sounds like I wish i was going to be there!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Damn greg, sounds like I wish i was going to be there!
    Sounds like you should be flying down with me to be there....

LOL...trying to spread the fuel cost, eh??

Sounds like fun, and if life were different.....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com