Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butch, July 19-20?

Default Hoosier Tire

Appalachian Tire will be there as always.

Les Chaney
    Les Chaney
    #33 FP Volvo

Can anyone provide direction on where to find details about the Road Atlanta test day on Friday 07/18?

Also, for any with RA experience, are there good camping/electrical hook-up facilities available?

Thanks In Advance.
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2008 SAARC IT-7 3rd Overall
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    #4 Car>>>Sad State of Affairs

Mac - Applachian Race Tire (865-681-6622) will be the Hoosier vendor.

Gary - Friday's test day is hosted by the track, but doing a quick look on their website I couldn't find any info yet so I'll wing it:

. generally four run groups that may be adjusted depending on counts
    . no pre-registration required - bring your check to the window
    . $225 for four 20-25 minute sessions
    . they also pro-rate the day based on how many sessions are left when you sign in

Unless you get there VERY late in the weekend, electricity is available in the Paddock (at no charge to the competitors, BTW) and you can stay in self-contained motorhomes. Showers are available in the main restrooms, but I've never used them so I can't vouch for their level of "propriety." No water hook-ups AFAIK - not even in the Infield.

Hope to see y'all there...
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Thanks Butch, they got me covered this morning.
    Showers ..... Not Holiday Inn Express, but as far as tracks go pretty decent.

Don't use all the hot water after the ProIT race..... or some people on a plane to Texas may be unhappy ! )))
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

One more question, who do we tell to not count us for series points. We don't want to screw up the points races (not that we will finish very high, but after the 12HR nothing surprises me ..... much?)
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

At Registration tell them you want to waive your SARRC points. They should know what you're talking about, but if not find me (I'll be in my usual Paddock spot overlooking Turn One and the False Grid) and we'll fill out the proper forms.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure why that's not automatic. Since only SEDIV drivers can earn SARRC points, why does a non-SEDIV drivers have to fill out a form saying s/he is waiving their SARRC points? I'm pretty sure the answer will be "because we've always done it that way" :eek:, but I'll make a note to bring it up at the Mid-Year meeting.

Thanks...
    Butch Kummer

I brought up the question at our Board meeting last night and it ends up it's not Registration you tell that you want to waive SARRC points, it's Timing & Scoring. The folks at Registration know about it, however, and will send you in the right direction.

I'll still bring up the issue (OOD folks having to fill out a waiver form when they can't earn SARRC points) at the Mid-Year meeting next weekend.
    Butch Kummer

Default Road Atlanta Beauty Contest

Butch,
    Are you planning to take part in this year's "Beauty Contest"?
    For those of you who don't know, we're having a fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation where the guys dress up for a beauty contest (quite a surprise for Atlanta, huh?). The winner is decided by how much $ they raise for the foundation. I am a "contestant" and will be wandering the paddock on Saturday begging for donations. I'll be hard to miss........5'10", long black wig, snakeskin-print miniskirt, pot belly, about 250#s. Please support a Road Atlanta corner worker and fellow IT driver in unseating Fletcher from his three year reign as the "queen" of the paddock!

Scott Franklin
    www.NutDriver.org
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Hey Butch, any idea if anything is going on Thursday that would keep us from getting into the paddock before 5?
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

Don't any of you guys work for a living?!?

I'm not sure what time the Paddock Nazis will be getting there but they usually start marking spaces around 3:00 or so. You may want to call the track and see if anyone is using the track on Thursday.
    Butch Kummer

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    ... Come to think of it, I'm not sure why that's not automatic. Since only SEDIV drivers can earn SARRC points, why does a non-SEDIV drivers have to fill out a form saying s/he is waiving their SARRC points? I'm pretty sure the answer will be "because we've always done it that way" :eek:, but I'll make a note to bring it up at the Mid-Year meeting.

Thanks...
    I have to admit that the thought occurred to me, as I was getting beat up on by The Canadians at VIR this spring.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    Don't any of you guys work for a living?!?

I'm not sure what time the Paddock Nazis will be getting there but they usually start marking spaces around 3:00 or so. You may want to call the track and see if anyone is using the track on Thursday.
    I'll be getting there at 5 after "working" all day. I'm asking for Cameron, who works on the racecars for a living. I can't decide if he is the lucky one or not...
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    I have to admit that the thought occurred to me, as I was getting beat up on by The Canadians at VIR this spring.

K
    We'll have the same issue at Barber in a month as well - some pretty fair GTA drivers will be coming over from Texas and while I enjoy the competition I'm also concerned about the SARRC championship at the same time so there's no need to wad the car up trying to outrun them (after all, that's what the ARRC is for ). They were good enough to waive the points last year and I expect them to do so again, but I feel kinda goofy about asking them to do so.

I'll let you know what I find out at the Mid-Year meeting.
    Butch Kummer