Thread: Wolf Ridge Hill Climb

Default Wolf Ridge Hill Climb

... Just a line to say.... Thank You .... To the "Central Carolina Region" for hosting such a fun event.

... Of course my weekend would not be complete unless I had at least one off track excursion that left me stranded (high sided) 25 ft from the finish line:cool:

... Plus..... yes, there is more.... I also backed my pickup into the ditch and got it stuck the night before.

... But the hill climb was a blast.... I made some new friends, and got to see a few I hadn't seen in a while..... and was able to bring it home in one piece.... Whew..... and that is saying A LOT. When you are accustom to gravel traps and rumble strips and you trade them for ditches and dirt banks .... Well ??? you get the picture. 10/10ths .... NOPE maybe 8/10ths is better .... just to be safe

Thanks again... Rickey T

.... I will be posting a video soon....
    Last edited by Hotshoe; 06-10-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Do you have any in car video? I would be curious to see some. Hillclimbs in south florida aren't that scary. Ok the Bay Bottom Crawl is CALLED a hillclimb, but my wife has more elevation changes than they do on the loop road at sugarloaf key. It is hairraising from what I hear though (haven't run yet). Most years I think somebody ends up in the either the mangroves or the bay. Good luck explaining that to state farm.

chris

Well, not from Wolf Ridge but from the other Hillclimb in NC.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HJUzETITX0[/ame]

And here is one from Alabama, www.CrowMountainHillclimb.org

This is an in car of the road shot from an RX8 with a handheld camera. I will try to find Geroge Bowlands run up the same hill during an event.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVefnT083xY[/ame]
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoe View Post
    ... Just a line to say.... Thank You .... To the "Central Carolina Region" for hosting such a fun event.

... Of course my weekend would not be complete unless I had at least one off track excursion that left me stranded (high sided) 25 ft from the finish line:cool:

... Plus..... yes, there is more.... I also backed my pickup into the ditch and got it stuck the night before.

... But the hill climb was a blast.... I made some new friends, and got to see a few I hadn't seen in a while..... and was able to bring it home in one piece.... Whew..... and that is saying A LOT. When you are accustom to gravel traps and rumble strips and you trade them for ditches and dirt banks .... Well ??? you get the picture. 10/10ths .... NOPE maybe 8/10ths is better .... just to be safe

Thanks again... Rickey T
    8/10ths is probably too hard Come on down to Crow Mountain. The crown in the road in the esses got me airborne last year. I was not hte only one.

Glad you survived Rickey, Did Russ make it from Florida in his Z car?
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Not sure what Ricky calls 8/10ths or if he is even aware of the term. All I saw was one hung out Z3 going up a mountain. I will see what we can do about some video. There are 5 or 6 on yahoo video.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)