Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Registration is now open

Hi everyone the latest entry sheet is posted at http://www.cincyscca.com/2008/IT%20S...try%20list.pdf please note that I did indicate that Vaughan Scott was the 2007 WHRRI champ. This is a misprint. He was actually 2nd overall in 2007. Thanks for catching the mistake Vaughan.
    Last edited by TAC; 07-13-2008 at 08:28 PM.

WOW 106 entries and climbing.

CFC...6
    CFF...3
    FC....1
    FF.....2
    IT-7...5
    ITA....15
    ITB....16
    ITC....8
    ITE.....2
    ITR....2
    ITS....12
    SM.....24
    SRF.....4
    SSM.....3
    TCC.....3

T -22 DAYS

Default Im In - couple questions

I am in... just nailing details at this point. Last time I ran Mid Ohio was in 1996. What has changed?
    Also - garages. We are going with 3 miata's and my VW Golf. I seem to remember garages that were one bay wide? Are bigger ones availble?
    At this point I am waiting to register because I totaly agree with Greg regarding the registration & cancelation policy stuff. Life happens, and once in a while I cannot make it to an event. We are blessed in New England with a rational approach to registration.
    Any location designated for the new england guys?
    TIA,
    Beran
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

Awesome...

They have re-paved somewhat recently, I guess a few years ago, apparently the surface's been a little faster than before... but otherwise the track's more or less unchanged since before the repave. Can't say anything about since '96 though!

I guess another change to mention would be that apparently they've toned-down some off the jumps in the green stuff... I wouldn't know, I find the black stuff faster...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Not much has changed. The whole track got a new surface a couple of years ago, which really I think just took away some visual references people may have used to get around the track. Plus you also don't have to "connect the dots" with the concrete patches anymore since they're gone. The wall on the outside of 7 over the top of the esses got pushed back. The wall on the outside of 11 entering thunder valley has also been pushed back. That's about it.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Sorry if this has already been answered. When can we enter the paddock:
    • If we're doing the M-O test sessions?
    • If we're not?
    Thanks,
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Quote Originally Posted by Beran View Post
    I am in... just nailing details at this point. Last time I ran Mid Ohio was in 1996. What has changed?
    Also - garages. We are going with 3 miata's and my VW Golf. I seem to remember garages that were one bay wide? Are bigger ones availble?
    At this point I am waiting to register because I totaly agree with Greg regarding the registration & cancelation policy stuff. Life happens, and once in a while I cannot make it to an event. We are blessed in New England with a rational approach to registration.
    Any location designated for the new england guys?
    TIA,
    Beran
    Beran,

I'm glad to hear your making the trip.

As of now the garages are sold out. There is a waiting list started though. You can check with the registrar about getting on the list. All of the garages are the same width and depth its just that some have two doors while others have one.

The reason we go early on the mail in is to ease the burden on the registrar. With doing all the driver files stuff driver packets etc..... its hard when you have mail showing up 3 days before the event. I'll see if we can push the online registration back till closer to the 1st of August though.

Last year the New England guys congregated on the East side of the Middle Paddock. If there are folks planning on getting in Thursday night all the better to get the area. I know the formula guys are heading to the lower paddock along with the bigger haulers.

BTW,

You can get in as early as Thursday the 7th. Sign the waiver at the guard shack. You'll have to come back out and register for the various stuff over the weekend to get on track. Also Mid Ohio is supposed to be charging a $20 weekend fee for anybody showing up with a "self contained" unit. This is basically a recoup to cover using their dump station and potable water supply. Depending on who's at the shack you may or may not be charged. Again Haulers, tent camping, and any other form of camping are FREE. this is supposed to apply only to "self contained" units.

Also "Barney Fife" no longer works in security so we won't have to worry about that. I have confirmed that we will be able to walk the track till sunset once the daily activity's are done. Let me know if anyone hassles you.

Todd

The new entry list is up at www.cincyscca.com It is already obsolete since it has 110 entries listed and two more entered while it was being put online.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Beran,

Also "Barney Fife" no longer works in security so we won't have to worry about that. I have confirmed that we will be able to walk the track till sunset once the daily activity's are done. Let me know if anyone hassles you.

Todd
    This is a great example of how the hosts seek to take care of us. It's rare to see this level of involvement. Usually it's more like, "Don't piss off the guards", and "The track reserves the right to determine their own hours on a day to day basis".
    If this is your first time to this event, you will be impressed with one thing for absolute sure: The hosts are TRYING to make sure you get what you want. They might not be able to do everything, but it won't be for lack of trying, or a bad attitude!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Do they still have that rule about no bicycles allowed at the track outside the paddock?

A few years back the local law (NOT a rent-a-cop, a local deputy sheriff) threatened to confiscate my bicycle if I didn't dismount and walk the bike the couple of hundred feet from the paddock past the shower house to the campground. He told me that I was lucky a bike was allowed at all, because during a normal race weekend (this was at the runoffs) bikes were not permitted at the track anywhere.

A scooter would be fine. Motorcycle, OK. Quad, no problem. Bicycles not permitted.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

I believe that's still true. If it's not a street legal vehicle or a motorized support vehicle, it's not allowed outside the paddock.

I'm almost immune to it now. I just expect to at some point get harassed by Mid Ohio security about something every time I go there. Granted, I've been going there for 20 years, and even I can't get through a weekend without getting crap for something. It's just the way they are. I'm damn near on first name basis with the Sheriff's they have patroling the grounds. It really is rediculous. I've had to run up there the last two nights for about two hours, and had to "deal with" them each night for something.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Going to the IT fest was odd last year, my only previous visits were the runoffs or Trans-Am Indycar weekend. By contrast the Fest was a non spectator event. Much more low key although I did hear that someone got chastised for giving some guys a ride in the back of a pickup to registration, something about the roads inside the track being considered the same as public highways.
    Of course the state if Ohio is legend on their traffic law enforcement.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

it sounds like they are having it both ways.

they are public roads and all laws apply and....

you cannot ride bicycles on these public roads because it is private property and they are our rules.

this is one reason that the last couple of times at mid-ohio i brought another crx as my paddock runabout vehicle.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by x-ring View Post
    Do they still have that rule about no bicycles allowed at the track outside the paddock?

A few years back the local law (NOT a rent-a-cop, a local deputy sheriff) threatened to confiscate my bicycle if I didn't dismount and walk the bike the couple of hundred feet from the paddock past the shower house to the campground. He told me that I was lucky a bike was allowed at all, because during a normal race weekend (this was at the runoffs) bikes were not permitted at the track anywhere.

A scooter would be fine. Motorcycle, OK. Quad, no problem. Bicycles not permitted.
    Just a note to all. At the Ohio Valley National/Regional there was a crackdown on all sorts of paddock transportation. I did talk to the OVR R.E. about two weeks ago and he "Thinks" after talking to Truesports things should be o.k. as long as the transportation is in the paddock. I'll find out for sure this weekend. Gotta go corner work at the ALMS/IRL weekend. Should be a ZOO! If any of you are going look me up. I'll be at the Flag Chiefs campfire in the evenings.

Todd

Just a reminder that late registration kicks in at Midnight on July 29th. Up to 130 entries overall.

Todd

Get to the IT Spectacular! Gas is down under $3.70 a gallon in Grove City, OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Saw it for $3.62 in Sharonville today. Problem is the diesel isn't falling as fast.

Remember you can use the online registration until 8:00 pm CST Aug 6th and NOT pay the late entry fee. 157 overall entries

CFC.......6
    CFF.......5
    FC.........4
    FF.........4
    IT7........3
    ITA.......21
    ITB.......16
    ITC........9
    ITE........5
    ITR........5
    ITS........19
    SM........39
    SRF.......12
    SSM......3
    TCC......6

T -8 days

$3.54 and counting! TV news said one station was down to $3.49!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    $3.54 and counting! TV news said one station was down to $3.49!

:eek:

And I was all excited last night when I saw it here in CT at $3.99!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place