Thread: re itc itb civics 84-87

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In my 85 CRX Dx setup for ITC, I have an adjustable rear ~3/4" sway bar and 600 #/inch springs which combined with the front 21mm sway bar and either stock or maybe 23mm front torsion bars, the thing is pretty quick and body roll is not too bad. I have either a stock final drive or SI and the Mugen LSD which works pretty well in the midwest.

i have a phantom limited slip and a 4.4 final drive
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

If you do not have a good LSD you will just get some wheel spin since the sway bar is unloading the inside front. The turn in seems faster to me without the front bar. If you were to run a front bar HF is the way to go. If it leans to much then Jay Griffin has gotten some 31mm bars made. A friend that autocoss an 85 CRX has the 29's and a stock front bar and we have put the tow hooks on the ground. That is leaning over.

Blake

i went back and edited my post. i want 29mm but currently have 27.5mm.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Since everyone else is sharing there setup, why not? Eh? My car came with stock front and rear bars, 25mm Tbars and what I thougt was 500# springs... the car handled very nice ( I race VIR as much as I can), but we always want more.

Since the 1st and 2nd race weekends, I installed new shocks and struts, discovered that my existing springs were actually 450#, I changed to 550# springs, removed the rear bar and added a ST rear sway bar. The car handled nice, it stuck the corners well. My lap times werent where they should be, but that was just getting the alighnment right.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie