Thread: Heartland Park Topeka Dbl Regional

Default Heartland Park Topeka Dbl Regional

You're invited to Heartland Park, Topeka on June 14th and 15th for the Two for the Road Double Regional presented by Superior Chevrolet, Superior Toyota/Scion and Hummer of Kansas City.

This event will feature two course configurations - 2.5 Mile full course on Saturday and the 1.8 Mile NASCAR short course on Sunday. Race lengths have been increased to 40 miles on both days for this race. In addtion to the standard SCCA classes a large contingent of GT America Stock Cars are expected as this event is on their National Championship tour. So there promises to be allot of ground pounding entertainment for all to enjoy.

Kaw Valley Race Group will also be conducting a Performance Driving Experience both days for anyone wanting non-competitive track time.

Please join us Saturday night for a catered dinner, free beer, and live musical entertainment. We would really like to see allot of IT cars at this event so come on over to Heartland Park!

For more information and online registration please go to www.kvrg.org
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

T1 left is the most fun corner on the whole track, i love being able to run two configurations on the same weekend.

also a smart move to get this event earlier in the year so it's not 100+ deg like the past couple.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Absolutly T1 to the left is really fun and by skipping Turn 5 this is really a balls to the wall deal.

I believe this is the first time that Regional Racers - IT Drivers - have had a chance to run either of these configurations. If memory serves the Short Course has not been run since the RunOff's course was completed. Plus last years regionals were run before the changes were made to turns 1/2 and 8/9. So this will be a chance to set some new IT track records.

Come on Travis, dust off your car and come out and play....only 50 miles down the road!
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Quote Originally Posted by mustanghammer View Post
    Absolutly T1 to the left is really fun and by skipping Turn 5 this is really a balls to the wall deal.

I believe this is the first time that Regional Racers - IT Drivers - have had a chance to run either of these configurations. If memory serves the Short Course has not been run since the RunOff's course was completed. Plus last years regionals were run before the changes were made to turns 1/2 and 8/9. So this will be a chance to set some new IT track records.

Come on Travis, dust off your car and come out and play....only 50 miles down the road!

i'd love to, but i can't justify ~$200 to renew my liscense and membership, ~$150 to get new belts, and ~$90 to mount up some tires for a single weekend. i also have a household commitment i have to fulfull, and even if i can get out of that, i'd be hauling out to the 12hr race at Summit Point instead.

so yeah, as much as i'd love to, i can't make it this year.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I understand, we'll miss you out there.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Just checked the entry list and I am pleased to see that the biggest race group so far is IT! So to the rest of you that might be riding the fence...jump off and sign up. Let's keep IT on top! It's going to be a fun race weekend and you don't want to miss it.

See you there!

www.kvrg.org
    www.dlbracing.com

Two for the Road at Heartland Park Topeka - June 14th and 15th
    Presented by Superior Chevrolet, Superior Toyota/Scion and Hummer of Kansas City
    40 Mile races - two different track configurations.
    Last edited by mustanghammer; 06-10-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: added sponsor!
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

looks like a good turnout, which makes me extra mad i can't make it.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I'm planning on being there. The Peon runs (mostly), so this will be it's debut if all goes well.....
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

Many thanks to all of the IT Drivers that came out and supported this event. At 31 cars we had the biggest run group. Unfortunately I got to watch the Saturday race from the turn 1 bunker after my engine expired. You guys put on a great show. Mr. Albin was flyin'

Oh and the Run Off's course kicks ass. Really loved it!
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Yep, it's a lot of fun, but give 8/9 some respect or you can end up like this...Got sideways/backwards between 8 and 9, then went off into the grass backwards till I was stopped abruptly by the concrete barriers on the outside of 9.....
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

OUCH! I say you come through 1 and drop a wheel (made the corner worker's jump!) and then I heard the call about your meeting with the wall. Some parts of that track play for keeps now.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17