Thread: June Fastrack Out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fear the Rotor!!! Not the V-8's!

Andy,

Refer to www.arrc-online.com for each drivers best time for the weekend...

Robert H... 1 39.07

Dan J... 1 40.93

Quote Originally Posted by Super Swift View Post
    Andy,

Robert H... 1 39.07

Dan J... 1 40.93
    Huh????
    Rob was driving the ITS RX-7
    Ray was in the RX-8 with a 1:41.76 - a real world-beater
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Andy,

Robert H... 1 39.07

Dan J... 1 40.93
    Tha's an ITS RX-7 my friend. Fastest T3 RX-8 in the race was Shannon M.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Tha's an ITS RX-7 my friend. Fastest T3 RX-8 in the race was Shannon M.
    Check the enduro. The McMasters Rx-8 did finish higher, but did not have the best lap. The Huffmaster Rx-8 ran a 1'39.60 in the enduro, and qualified at a 1'39.07. The best ITR E36 lap for that weekend (including qualifying) was 1'40.93.
    Last edited by GKR_17; 05-27-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    Check the enduro. The McMasters Rx-8 did finish higher, but did not have the best lap. The Huffmaster Rx-8 ran a 1'39.60 in the enduro, and qualified at a 1'39.07. The best ITR E36 lap for that weekend (including qualifying) was 1'40.93.
    And the best ITS time was 1:39.56, so now we know that ITR is a slower class than ITS. What was your point again?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    And the best ITS time was 1:39.56, so now we know that ITR is a slower class than ITS. What was your point again?
    The best ITR time for the weekend was a 1'39.11, so no ITS wasn't faster. I certainly expect ITR to get faster as the cars get more developed. However, the E36 doesn't have much room left for improvement. An Rx-8 prepped mostly to T3 specs surely does.

Guys - do you really, REALLY want to get in the business of comparing single lap times among disparate cars, at one track, on one weekend, with ALL of the other variables not accounted for...???!!

You are our own worst enemies.

And Andy - look up "enabler" in the dictionary. Don't encourage this insanity.

Chris - The recent Neon/Stratus specifications all went through the process. My point was that, if the first generation models did NOT go through the same process - if they got "real worlded" - it would account for the differences.

K

Yes! My car ran a 2:00 there in 2003. It should therefore weigh 10 lbs. Who do I write to?

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Guys - do you really, REALLY want to get in the business of comparing single lap times among disparate cars, at one track, on one weekend, with ALL of the other variables not accounted for...???!!

You are our own worst enemies.

And Andy - look up "enabler" in the dictionary. Don't encourage this insanity.

Chris - The recent Neon/Stratus specifications all went through the process. My point was that, if the first generation models did NOT go through the same process - if they got "real worlded" - it would account for the differences.

K
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

K
    If this is true then "WHY" is the Stratus heavier than the Gen2 ACR Neon that has 20 more HP? I like that there is a formula being used to class cars, but I would like it if it was the same formula for a all the cars in IT!!!!!!!!

If you could, please show me the numbers and how each of these examples works out in ITA

Gen 1 Neon SOHC
    Gen 1 Neon DOHC
    Gen 2 Neon ACR
    95-99 Stratus SOHC

This makes no sense to me why the weights on these 4 cars should be so much different?
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    The best ITR time for the weekend was a 1'39.11, so no ITS wasn't faster. I certainly expect ITR to get faster as the cars get more developed. However, the E36 doesn't have much room left for improvement. An Rx-8 prepped mostly to T3 specs surely does.
    If it's the same RX-8 that Ray had at MidOhio in August, it's his old Grand-Am car from when they ran with SpeedSource, not a T3 car. I think it was pretty well developed.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    If it's the same RX-8 that Ray had at MidOhio in August, it's his old Grand-Am car from when they ran with SpeedSource, not a T3 car. I think it was pretty well developed.
    Marty I believe you are correct. He had 2 - RX-8's, 1, a T3 and the other the GrandAm rx-8

Andy,

Robert H... 1 39.07

Dan J... 1 40.93
    When I look at those results, the first thing I noticed was that only a handfull of racers come from West of the Mississippi, none from any rockie mountain states or the Pacific coast. I wonder what the participation will be like this year, both at the RO's and the ARRC might be a slim year for club racing championships.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter