Thread: June Fastrack Out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default June Fastrack Out

1. MR2 to B at 2550(?) lbs. Good move I think.

2. No to IT going National (hooray!), yes to finding ways for IT cars to migrate to limited prep production (yeah right! too funny).

3. RX at 2980. The deep dark secret revealed.....

4. V8s still under consideration for ITR

5. 95 M3 under consideration for ITR
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post

Not sure how it got worded as such. This will not be recommended...unless we get a groundswell of people who want to build a 3500lbs E36. If it's every classed, I can see it as one of the lightest cars in a class above ITR.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

1. MR2 to B at 2550(?) lbs. Good move I think.

2. No to IT going National (hooray!), yes to finding ways for IT cars to migrate to limited prep production (yeah right! too funny).

3. RX at 2980. The deep dark secret revealed.....

4. V8s still under consideration for ITR

(5) is being considered but (4) isn't resolved? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    (5) is being considered but (4) isn't resolved? Give me a break.
    In committee, we rejected 5 (again). Not sure why it's published this way.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

That's the OBDI model that's supposedly more responsive to ECU gains too right?

3500 lbs would be how much over curb? 300lbs? MAYBE someone would build that, but doubtful.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

That's the OBDI model that's supposedly more responsive to ECU gains too right?

3500 lbs would be how much over curb? 300lbs? MAYBE someone would build that, but doubtful.
    Look at it this way -- it's over 700lbs more than the E36 325, which has an identical chassis but less power and smaller brakes. It makes no sense for them to both be in the same class.

Bottom line, that car belongs in a new, faster class, not stuffed into ITR.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

I tend to agree.

Flip side though....it's really not that different than a 330i right? 225 hp in the 330i, 235 in the 95 M3?

More interested in the RX8 and how we got there after last week's little dilly dally. Time to open the black box!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

OK guys. Lets see the math on the RX8. Sources for the data used as well.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

So, the way I read this in the FastTrack is that the SCCA is committed to the same ol' same ol' for the next three years. We'll have Regional and National races, the Boreoffs will continue to be populated by vehicles with bugeyes, and cars with 50 year old suspensions will still be guaranteed a place to get their race on and be seen on TV.

Yay progressive SCCA.

you didn't read very carefully Ron.

check the minutes from the BOD, and the task force report that follows. there's very significant change documented in there over the next 3yrs. i bet after that 3yr period, IT going national will happen after people have had some time to get used to the idea.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

One last observation that is going to sound like a knock on the ITAC, but really is just an observation.

The goal -- a noble one -- was to make the RX8 guys a bit unhappy, and the non RX* ITR guys (their competitors) a bit unhappy.

Interesting, but I've not heard a single ITR guy complain about the 2980 weight being too low........
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Jeff, that wasn't "the goal"...the goal was to class it utilizing the IT process.

We are at the mercy of the manufacturers...this has been a cornerstone of the process from day one, and we went into it knowing that, in some cases, the numbers could be bogus. We have a correction method in case there is damage done to the class by such bogus numbers.

But... we knew going in that if we were going to question every rating, then we'd need an entire policy and procedure on how to handle and test that, which is frankly beyond the scope of the club.

Just for giggles, lets say, for discussion, that he stock hp rating is not negotiable.
    What number, and what math would those who think the car is heavy come up with?
    Last edited by lateapex911; 05-22-2008 at 02:23 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Interesting, but I've not heard a single ITR guy complain about the 2980 weight being too low........
    And what would that accomplish? The math is reasonable, and the process hasn't been compromised. 2980 is about 100 lbs lighter than I wanted, but I'm willing to wait and see. The rest of my team (who are very concerned, even at 2980) don't post here frequently.

Grafton