Thread: Nelson Ledges 24 Hour Race; 2008

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nelson changes ?

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    I talked to Scott Lane at the 12 hour and he said that the entries were a little lite to date. He put up some flyers announcing that this would be the last 24 under the existing configuration - big plans for Nelson Ledges over the next year. This is an historic race folks, don't give up on it. Scott wants to make it even better in the future.
    I see that they deposited my second check so there is some progress being made. Ann McHugh sheparded the event and drivers for many years for the first seventeen or so 24 hour races. Once she gets spooled up, we're in for a ride.
    Regards,
    Chuck
    Please elaborate on what kind of changes are in store for that wonderful old track ! I sure hope they dont ruin the flow it has !!

We loved the event last year and the track is a great place to race we are just in the same boat as the Conover group.

Dave

Since everyone was talikng about this at the Grand Am Mid Ohio weekend. New owner, 10 feet wider, complete paving with extra optional "chicanes", new buildings etc etc. Possibly club atmosphere new owners http://www.thechromepony.com/News-02-23-08a.html

Default Need crew

Team Troxell (ITB 28 VW Golf) is looking for additional crew members willing to work the Nelson race. We are short on what we need for 24 hours.

One option is to join forces with another team and share crew.

We are willing to discuss expenses for crew members, within reason.

Our car is easy to crew. We gas every 3 to 4 hours and it's with a fuel rig. We change tires on the front about 2 -3 times a race (yes a 24 hour race) and maybe once on the rear. This assumes no rain (but being front wheel drive, we would like to see rain!)

Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help us out. We need to know soon, since the July 12th deadline is approaching.

Jay Troxell
    TEAM TROXELL
    TEAM YORK
    #28 ITB VW GOLF