Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nelson Ledges 24 Hour Race; 2008

Matt,

Great show!!! It has been a long time coming.

Dean

Year 2 of the 24hr for us was quite a bit different from the first. We ended up frying a wiring harness, busting a swaybar bracket that took out a brake line, lost a bolt on a rocker arm that caused it to break...and an engine change around 5:30 am.

Sometime during the last 2 hours, the coil bracket snapped because the coil was hanging by wires when I loaded the car on the trailer.
    I don't think we had any contact with other cars this year which was good.
    The noon start/finish was nice because I was back at the house by 3:30. I only live 40 minutes away.
    I enjoyed doing the race even though we had our share of problems. Next year I am thinking about doing an additional 12 hour race because the only part of the 24 that I don't like is the packing up immediately after the race without a chance to relax with the crew and drivers before they go their own ways.

We ran the same Hawk HT-10 brakes and stock rotors as we did last year. I mean the exact same pair. The rotors are now done but the pads are about 1/2 worn.
    We ran through 4 old Avons and 5 new ones plus 1 tire that blew out on the inside edge for some reason. Last year (777 laps) we ran the Hoosier R3s04 tires and went through 8 hoosiers and ran a set of Avons for about 2 hours.
    I am not sure how much actual track time (around 580 laps) we had on the parts though because of our problems.

If the Nissan/Datsun guys are on, send me a PM.

Jeremy Cesene
    #13 ITB BMW 318i
    Hillbilly Motorsports

Matt - congrats to you and all of Team CRS on the overall win. We've seen you guys running enduros everywhere over the last decade +, and it's always been a pleasure sharing the track with you. Nice work.

JW
    3J's / Wild Child Racing