Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nelson Ledges 24 Hour Race; 2008

Default Nelson Ledges 24 Hour Race; 2008

Any ideas when the entry list and supps will be posted?
    Regards,
    Chuck Allard

I'd keep an eye on www.neohio-scca.org for any updates regarding the 24 hr race at Nelson...
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Thanks, I see that the Supps are posted there...still looking for the entry list to date.
    Chuck

To all,

I'm not race chair this year so I don't have any information to give out. Please contact Ann McHugh with your questions , I am sure she would be happy to answer any questions you have. Supps are up on : http://www.neohio-scca.org/ and http://www.nelsonledges.com . I do know we expect a larger field than last year and should prove to be the endurence event of the year not to be missed!

Thanks,

Roland

Ann McHugh Assistant Chief Registrar LD 08 8722 Pine Hallow Dr. Novelty OH 44072-9545 (440) 338-3159 Fax: (440) 338-3159 [email protected]

Ann said that she would have an entry list out shortly.
    Regards,
    Chuck

The race is coming up, has anyone heard about the entry list? Lets get the word out to teams to sign up

Default Looking for a ride

I might be interested in driving a competitive car as part of a good team. Will have some crew to bring with me.

We're just about 100% certain we will NOT be back to defend our ITB win. No renter interest in time to plan accordingly and be fully ready...

K

We are also pulling out to do the 13 hour later this year.

Type R Dave

I talked to Scott Lane at the 12 hour and he said that the entries were a little lite to date. He put up some flyers announcing that this would be the last 24 under the existing configuration - big plans for Nelson Ledges over the next year. This is an historic race folks, don't give up on it. Scott wants to make it even better in the future.
    I see that they deposited my second check so there is some progress being made. Ann McHugh sheparded the event and drivers for many years for the first seventeen or so 24 hour races. Once she gets spooled up, we're in for a ride.
    Regards,
    Chuck

I've got no complaints about last year, except for the schedule and it looks like they've largely fixed that issue. I just can't spend a bunch of dough out of pocket to subsidize other drivers' racing so we need to make our nut from rental drivers to make it possible. The economy isn't helping any and we have last year's actual expenses to go on, so know what it needs to cost. It's just the reality of trying to make it workable.

K

Cool

Hillbilly Motorsports will be showing up with the clan again this year in ITB. If the Conover boys aren't coming, we anticipate a podium finish.

Kirk, I'm willing to put beer on the line again if you guys are coming.

Jeremy Cesene
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    #13 ITB BMW 318i
    Last edited by Willisbe; 06-26-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Default Nelson changes ?

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    I talked to Scott Lane at the 12 hour and he said that the entries were a little lite to date. He put up some flyers announcing that this would be the last 24 under the existing configuration - big plans for Nelson Ledges over the next year. This is an historic race folks, don't give up on it. Scott wants to make it even better in the future.
    I see that they deposited my second check so there is some progress being made. Ann McHugh sheparded the event and drivers for many years for the first seventeen or so 24 hour races. Once she gets spooled up, we're in for a ride.
    Regards,
    Chuck
    Please elaborate on what kind of changes are in store for that wonderful old track ! I sure hope they dont ruin the flow it has !!

We loved the event last year and the track is a great place to race we are just in the same boat as the Conover group.

Dave

Since everyone was talikng about this at the Grand Am Mid Ohio weekend. New owner, 10 feet wider, complete paving with extra optional "chicanes", new buildings etc etc. Possibly club atmosphere new owners http://www.thechromepony.com/News-02-23-08a.html

Default Need crew

Team Troxell (ITB 28 VW Golf) is looking for additional crew members willing to work the Nelson race. We are short on what we need for 24 hours.

One option is to join forces with another team and share crew.

We are willing to discuss expenses for crew members, within reason.

Our car is easy to crew. We gas every 3 to 4 hours and it's with a fuel rig. We change tires on the front about 2 -3 times a race (yes a 24 hour race) and maybe once on the rear. This assumes no rain (but being front wheel drive, we would like to see rain!)

Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help us out. We need to know soon, since the July 12th deadline is approaching.

Jay Troxell
    TEAM TROXELL
    TEAM YORK
    #28 ITB VW GOLF

Hey Jeremy...

Henry Kuter needs a ride if you're still short a driver.

Think I'll be working start this year.

Dave Gills
    Red Pinto #80
    Dave Gills
    ITB Red Pinto #80
    Grove City, Pa.

Default Looking for ride. Nelson 24 Hr

Any teams short a driver? Please contact or send info and $ reqirements to;
    Kevin Langston
    734-793-0727 (days)
    734-525-8455 (eves)
    [email protected] (email)

Default Start the rain dance now

Team Troxell is greatful to announce that Hillbilly Motorsports and Team Troxell Racing have teamed up to dominate the race!

We hope to see everyone there!

Jay
    TEAM TROXELL
    TEAM YORK
    #28 ITB VW GOLF

Kirk Knestis, Conover Motor Sports, and PhilsTireService.com are disappointed to announce that Team Troxell is free to run roughshod over whatever other ITB cars show up. Lousy economic conditions seem to be keeping the rental drivers away so we're officially a NO-GO as of last week.

Have fun, guys.

K