Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving Impressions PRO IT Round 2:

Default Driving Impressions PRO IT Round 2:

To all Pro-IT competitiors and prospective competitors:

A challenge for Round 2:
    RaceShopper will double all Hawk award contingencies for Pro-IT Race #2 for each class that has MORE starting competitors than listed for Round 1!!!

I don't need to tell you that IT has long been the poor removed stepchild in relation to the SCCA National Classes.
    Now is your time!
    Bob has done a fantastic job in setting this whole program up - and administering it.
    Now, tell your fellow racers and get them involved!

Best Regards,
    Edwin Robinson.

P.S. - Stay tuned for more crazy rewards- like winners in pink cars, vehicles marques that start with the letter 'R' and people who reside within 10 miles of Norfolk, CT!
    http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=487245&rfi=6

Edwin,
    Thank you for your support and help in growing our series. I am on the phone daily with Edwin from RaceShopper.com and he is very happy with our results. I think in time you will see more sponsors and more help from our present sponsors. What we as racers have to do is know that we have something that is very good and support it and the sponsors the best way that we know how. It was a great event and I really enjoyed meeting many of the drivers. I love to see people happy and not bickering. We could have great competition without problems and I believe the drivers of PRO-IT are proving this. I want to personally see great competition without people destroying their cars. There needs to be a respect on the track for each other. We need to put on a great show and maybe in time we will build up a spectator base. We are on the right track.

Thanks again,
    Bob Zecca"

Edwin,

Thanks!
    Look for the entry for round 2 to be posted shortly by Triregion. Should be the same format as round 1.

Thanks,
    Darrell

Are we using the same track configuration?
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Where is Round 2 at? Jim Locke
    I like to cut my butter with a chainsaw, why do you ask?
    Jim Locke
    Preps, ITS, ITR, SM, Vintage stuff, Land speed stuff, ST, Drag race stuff. Ya know race stuff!

Round 1
    Saturday 05/10 - NNJR
    Pocono, Pa
    (with NNJR's Joe Deluca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races and Enduro)

Round 2
    Saturday 07/05 - Tri-Region
    Pocono, Pa
    (with Tri-Regions double NARRC regional races)

Round 3
    Saturday 08/02 - NNJR
    Lime Rock, CT
    (with NNJR National races)

Round 4
    Saturday 08/23 - NNJR
    Millville, NJ

(with NNJR regional races)

Rounds 5 & 6
    Saturday&Sunday 10/18-19 - NNJR
    Millville, NJ

(with Jersey Road Racing Classic (JRRC) finale regional races) Year End Awards Ceremony

Guys,
    It looks like Edwin at RaceShopper has gone crazy! Remember Crazy Eddie years ago?? Anyway he is really stepping up to the plate because he believes in what we are doing. We got a great thing and you will see this grow with the support of everyone this will happen
    I apologize for not spending much time on the series this week, I am very busy getting ready for our race at Lime Rock for Memorial Day weekend and I will be back to everyone after the weekend. Good News..... I just did an interview with Philip Royale of SportCar mag about PROIT so look for the story and photos too!! Please get me your W-9 forms if you have not and we will keep things running smoothly. Thanks again to everyone and especially to RaceShopper for your help. PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!

Sincerely,
    Robert Zecca
    www.teamdi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Zecca View Post
    Guys,
    It looks like Edwin at RaceShopper has gone crazy! Remember Crazy Eddie years ago?? Anyway he is really stepping up to the plate because he believes in what we are doing. We got a great thing and you will see this grow with the support of everyone this will happen
    I apologize for not spending much time on the series this week, I am very busy getting ready for our race at Lime Rock for Memorial Day weekend and I will be back to everyone after the weekend. Good News..... I just did an interview with Philip Royale of SportCar mag about PROIT so look for the story and photos too!! Please get me your W-9 forms if you have not and we will keep things running smoothly. Thanks again to everyone and especially to RaceShopper for your help. PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!

Sincerely,
    Robert Zecca
    www.teamdi.com
    Bob, who did the photo's @ Pocono?
    Thanks

Default Photos

Dear Dan,

The photos were taken by Peter Roberts who happened to be the chief steward for the event. He did a great job. I submitted these to Sportscar magazine in hopes that they would use them for their upcoming story about PROIT. I hope to see you at Pocono and Lime Rock in August.

Thanks
    Bob Zecca

Default Pro It sponsors

Bob,

Give me a call asap as I have a potential sponsor for the series. A friend and potential driver has a company interested.

Everyone likes Vodka ? right??

I also have a few other contacts for some other stuff. Lets see what we can make happen.
    Greg Meindl
    #74 ITA Dodge Neon Raceshopper.com
    #75 ITA Dodge Neon Raceshopper.com
    #84 ITA Dodge Neon Raceshopper.com

Quote Originally Posted by robits325is View Post
    Are we using the same track configuration?
    Rob,
    I haven't seen the supps yet, but I would be a little surprised if Tri-Region uses a different configuration. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    Bill Etherington
    NNJR Tech

I don"t have any preference at all but with so many options available trying something new might be fun. I understand how using the same course makes comparing times from year to year easier and lap records can be a goal but now that we have a second date maybe a different track can add some excitement and challenges.

Either way I"m coming - there is a blue Mazda I need to beat.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Open for business - entry is posted on NeSCCA.com

Saturday -
    8:30AM:30 minute qualify
    After Lunch: 40 minute race
    checks will be available Saturday night at the party.

Thnaks,
    Darrell

A challenge for Round 2:
    RaceShopper will double all Hawk award contingencies for Pro-IT Race #2 for each class that has MORE starting competitors than listed for Round 1!!!

Round 1 Numbers -
    ITR - 5
    ITS - 9
    ITA - 4
    ITB - 2
    ITC - 1
    SM - 7
    28 total

Get involved in your series! Look for Bob to have even more interesting items.

Thanks,
    Darrell
    www.njrrs.com
    PS - Pink cars? What type of prize for that?
    PSS - Round 3 will be real interesting at LRP......

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    A challenge for Round 2:

Round 1 Numbers -
    ITR - 5
    ITS - 9
    ITA - 4
    ITB - 2
    ITC - 1
    SM - 7
    28 total

Get involved in your series! Look for Bob to have even more interesting items.

Thanks,
    Darrell
    www.njrrs.com
    PS - Pink cars? What type of prize for that?
    PSS - Round 3 will be real interesting at LRP......
    Darrell,

Thanks for supplying that information!

Ok - since we're serious about this - If you exceed the Round 1 class number AND you have a PINK (I should probably define this - PINK for this purpose is defined as something akin to this color: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink and comprises more than 50% of the base color of the car. Excerpeted from Wikipedia:
    [[ "— Commonly represents —
    female, love, male homosexuality, and bisexuality
    About these coordinates
    — Color coordinates —
    Hex triplet #FFC0CB
    sRGBB (r, g, b) (255, 192, 203)
    HSV (h, s, v) (350°, 25%, 100%)"]]

So, if you have a PINK car - and more starting competitors than Round 1 with Hawk and RaceShopper stickers:
    We'll quadruple the contingency! (For folks in Yorba Linda- that means 4 X (eg. multiplied aka. multiplication factor))

Have fun! - and I expect to get a picture of a FULL PINK STARTING FIELD that we can post on our website.

P.S. - Our Round 3 challenge will be posted AFTER Round 2 - Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Edwin Robinson; 06-04-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Why so quiet......

Entry is at 14 with a few weeks to go. Can we break 28 entries?
    ITS is once again the biggest class.
    The first round was great, we can do better!

15 cars, need more!

The round 3 entry is in the works for Lime Rock on August 2, we do expect this to be over-subscribed (40+). From what I heard if you have accumulated points in Pro-IT you will be bumped to the top of the entry list. LRP will be the double points event for 2008.

Also, we need 3 drivers to act as the voice of Pro-IT to the committee. Any volunteers? This is your series so it is up to you to make this the best.

Thanks,
    Darrell
    #27 ITS Mazda (I hope)

Am I eligible for this event? It will be my first post school event.
    I checked out the rules. I appears that I am. The registration page still lists it at NJMP. Where can I sign up?
    Last edited by raffaelli; 06-24-2008 at 11:51 AM.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Chris

Am I eligible for this event? It will be my first post school event. I checked out the rules. I appears that I am.
    If you have the drivers school requirements signed off in the front of your novice permit you are eligible.

The registration page still lists it at NJMP. Where can I sign up?

You can register on the NESCCA online registration site ( http://www.nescca.com/registration ). The next round is on 5 July at Pocono. What you may be seeing is that the Pocono regional races are part of the New Jersey Road Race Series (NJRRS).

Hope to see you at Pocono

Terry

Terry,
    Yes I am all signed off from the school. I am interested in the Aug 2 event at LRP. It looks like the registration is not open yet? Another week or so?
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP