Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving Impressions PRO IT Round 2:

Up to 20 so far, need a few more to beat the May event.
    Plenty of track time! Where are the ITA and ITB cars?

Look for round 3 entry to be posted later tonight.
    August 2nd - Saturday only at Lime Rock, last race of the day after all National races
    Entry - $350 ($10 fee for SM) - double points
    Qualify - 15 minutes before lunch
    Race - 45 minute or till 5:55

Thanks,
    Darrell
    #27 ITS

Stephen cant register for the event online (some issue with the software).. But he is registered for ITB in Round 2 at Pocono with one of the Audi's!
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

That makes 23 then! Need 6 more to pass the Round 1 count. See what we can get from Edwin and Bob once we pass the round 1 numbers.

Saturday
    Qualify - 30 minutes - 8:30AM
    Race - 40 minutes - first race after lunch
    Pro-IT website

Usual payout at the party Saturday night, need your W9 forms as well if you didn't provide one at round 1.

Thanks,
    Darrell
    #27 ITS
    email to: [email protected] to present comments

PS - Where are all the Miatas?

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    Where are the ITA and ITB cars?

YA What up with that... A ton of ITB cars in the double but only 1 besides me in the Pro-IT event! I know a few of you are pro's.... Come-on Mr. Wentworth I want to go up against that super fast volvo! Any other takers... I am truelly depressed that I don't get to race all of you!

I truelly think that the PRO-IT is exactly what I have been looking for!
    I wanted to compete in a "Series" but the NERRC doesn't interest me since I hate NHMS, NARRC is WAY out of my new price range since it is a ton of weekends and towing is just simply to much with new gas prices.
    This however... the PRO-IT is only 5 weekends all year, 6 rounds, and I can win money back.:026:
    THIS IS THE ONLY SERIES THAT GIVES MONEY BACK in the entire north east!

So your hesitant because you already missed round 1.... forget that it's only 1/7th of the potential points AND the car count in ITB was only 2. YOU yes YOU can still win it so come give me some more competion and join in on the most affordable racing series in the north east!

Stephen
    ITB Audi (Silver and BLUE!)
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    That makes 23 then! Need 6 more to pass the Round 1 count. See what we can get from Edwin and Bob once we pass the round 1 numbers.

Saturday
    Qualify - 30 minutes - 8:30AM
    Race - 40 minutes - first race after lunch

Pro-IT website

C'mon folks- tell the people running the regional - They can enter!

Hell, I'm looking here .... what regional offers a 30 minute qualifying session and a 40 minute race? None I've ever been at! Dollars to Donuts - this series is a great deal - More track time, More exposure ( I hear Ross B from Honda/Ferrari may be there recruiting the next Schumacher from the Pro-IT competitiors ) , AND the possibility for PAYBACK! - not to mention the contingencies!

~E.

The report from Stephen was that this was one of the best races he has entered in, even with only 2 cars in class... The organizers were very accomodating to the drivers in the group (moved some cones?) not to mention it is the perfect distance for a "sprint" race. I think this is the series he would like to run for a couple years if all goes well, just make sure that Palmer is on the list when it comes!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I had hands down the best time racing yet. Battled it out with joe stadleman the entire race exchanging positions several times per lap for 45 minutes! Then a nose to nose finish accross the line. Even with my splitter hanging off and dragging the whole race, i was having to much fun to pit and fix it!

This is my new series, the $100 check at the end was a nice gesture to

I never got my Hawke discount coupons from the 1st ProIT. :~(

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    I never got my Hawke discount coupons from the 1st ProIT. :~(

Me either and I just bought new pads from Edwin at race shopper. Still waiting....

Darrell, Bob, anyone????

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

During the PRO-IT race. I tried to give the Audi a run in ITB. It lasted a couple of laps. But, while admiring Stephen's grille in my mirror, I missed my turn in point and blew the corner. I went grass hopping. We were running consistent laps times and I couldn't make up any ground on him. Was terrific fun while it lasted. Great driver to go dor to door with.

Todd
    Todd Redmond
    Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT
    ITB #95

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    Me either and I just bought new pads from Edwin at race shopper. Still waiting....

Darrell, Bob, anyone????

R
    Hi Folks,

I'm a bit third-party to this ... but I want to make sure that you get what is promised!

It was my understanding that the Hawk contingency would work (sort of) as follows:

A] A coupon would be distributed for the value of the award to each eligible winner- I'm not exactly sure how this happens.....

B] A verification form would be filled out and authorized by a Tech official from the event.
    They would verify the compliance with the contingency requirements- stickers, finishing position, etc...
    "If you finish 1st or 2nd in a class with 4 or more starters, you must fill out and complete the Contingency Claim Form. You must get a **** official to verify the decal placement on vehicle, and then you shall submit the form to the registration area during the event where you will be able to collect your "Hawk Bucks". Failure to claim your award during the weekend’s activities will constitute forfeiture to your claim for said award(s). Awards MUST be claimed during the weekend for which they should be awarded and no acceptations to this rule will be made."

I'm sure Bob and/or Darrell will have all the info - and perhaps any required forms could be posted on the Pro IT website. This way competitors who finish in award positions can be proactive and go seek out the official at the end of the event and have it authorized.

I'll let Bob and Darrell follow up - as I'm sure they have more of the specifics - and if for some reason we can't get it nailed down- then e-mail me and I'll take it from there.

Best Regards,
    Edwin Robinson.

I guess we missed the boat! didn't get any raffle ticket? Not sure if we qualified for anything else. Saturday evening Driver and Crew cheif helped Brian B swap tranny out on his car (We had practice from our swap in am) and I drove home sat night to pickup wife to come back Sunday am for regional race.
    Last edited by tdw6974; 07-14-2008 at 10:22 PM.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Robinson View Post
    Hi Folks,

I'm a bit third-party to this ... but I want to make sure that you get what is promised!

I'll let Bob and Darrell follow up - as I'm sure they have more of the specifics - and if for some reason we can't get it nailed down- then e-mail me and I'll take it from there.

Best Regards,
    Edwin Robinson.
    I don't know how we are going to get an offical to sign a form for a race that was run in May. We should get this info from the horses mouth.......so to speak. We just may be out the Hawke pads? We only got 2 decals to put on the car.

Send an email to Darrell and Bob and we will take care of this.
    Darrell - [email protected]
    Bob - [email protected]
    I know Bob has a ton on things for this series in the warehouse.

After our second event and the natives are getting restless already, you would think we do this for a living or something.

We need to get a swag coordinator (any one want to volunteer?). Since I bought the ITS car I don't see myself having time at the track to do all of this even though most of you found me at Pocono round 2 in the garage.

We also need to get the driver's committee formed. It is our series.

Thanks,
    Darrell
    973-220-1007