Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NHMS - Memorial Day Weekend

Default NHMS - Memorial Day Weekend

No playful banter yet? I just looked at the weather and so far so good. I know I am excited to get out for the first time in almost a year. Now I have to shave off 2 seconds to get my steak dinner. (Get ready to pay up Joe)

VTEC has been fixed in the GSR and my prediction for Greg when he runs DP will be a 1:15 under his ITA track record.

I am looking to finish top 10 in ITS and to break into the 1:16's.
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    No playful banter yet? I just looked at the weather and so far so good. I know I am excited to get out for the first time in almost a year. Now I have to shave off 2 seconds to get my steak dinner. (Get ready to pay up Joe)

VTEC has been fixed in the GSR and my prediction for Greg when he runs DP will be a 1:15 under his ITA track record.

Don't take me too seriously here as I have a big smile on my face saying this, but I think you're on crack for both those predictions.

Look back over ITS times from last year. Sub 1:15 (during the race) would pretty much be a lock for 1st in ITS, and probably pretty damn close to the track record. And just being in the 1:16 range for most races gets you a top 3 in ITS.

I just don't see either combo of car/driver doing that. While this hasn't been a particulary warm month of May so far, even so I don't think the weather conditions are going to be be advantageous for power, which is what you would need to have a chance.

Like I said, take it lightly as I like you guys and have fun joking around with you guys.

But seriously, those are LOFTY goals. If I were you, I think staying in the 1:17s consistently during the race would be an accomplishment all its own, seriously.

s
    Last edited by stevel; 05-19-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevel View Post
    Don't take me too seriously here as I have a big smile on my face saying this, but I think you're on crack for both those predictions.

Look back over ITS times from last year. Sub 1:15 (during the race) would pretty much be a lock for 1st in ITS, and probably pretty damn close to the track record. And just being in the 1:16 range for most races gets you a top 3 in ITS.

I just don't see either combo of car/driver doing that. While this hasn't been a particulary warm month of May so far, even so I don't think the weather conditions are going to be be advantageous for power, which is what you would need to have

Like I said, take it lightly as I like you guys and have fun joking around with you guys.

But seriously, those are LOFTY goals. If I were you, I think staying in the 1:17s consistently during the race would be an accomplishment all its own, seriously.

s
    We have a taker of the bait! Thanks Steve!

Agreed the goals are VERY optomistic, but hey I need to shoot for something!

Why the ITS times are slower than ITA times is another discussion altogether, but I will take consistent 1:17's all day.
    Jeremy Billiel

Why the ITS times are slower than ITA times is another discussion altogether, but I will take consistent 1:17's all day.
    Jeremy - Could it be that the faster ITA times and track records are being posted by previously classified ITS cars??? Just a thought. I'm not arguing the re-class but it makes you wonder just a little - No??

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

If Greg CAN run lower 1:15s consistently, then why are YOU running the car in ITS? With those times he'd be in the mix of the top 3. Again, I don't think that's gonna happen, but if thats what you think then it doesn't make sense for you to run the car in ITS.

As far as ITS and ITA times at that track, I just think it's the nature of the track and the cars. Again, a whole 'nother discussion altogether. But I think the track, wheel widths, brakes, and extra weight all play a factor.

That said, ITS cars HAVE run 1:13.8, just not during a race. :eek:

s
    Last edited by stevel; 05-19-2008 at 02:22 PM.

If Greg CAN run lower 1:15s consistently, then why are YOU running the car in ITS? With those times he'd be in the mix of the top 3. Again, I don't think that's gonna happen, but if thats what you think then it doesn't make sense for you to run the car in ITS.

As far as ITS and ITA times at that track, I just think it's the nature of the track and the cars. Again, a whole 'nother discussion altogether. But I think the track, wheel widths, brakes, and extra weight all play a factor.

That said, ITS cars HAVE run 1:13.8, just not during a race. :eek:

s
    Oh its clear that Greg is a much better driver than I. However he is at LRP on Saturday so it makes no sense for me to race Satruday and then have Greg start from the back of the pack Sunday morning. He is going up to do some further testing. I am happy to see that the GSR is finally getting dialed in.

Interesting observation Tim!
    Jeremy Billiel

I just don't see either combo of car/driver doing that...
    And, thusly, the gauntlet was thrown to the ground...the crowd waited in anticipation for one of the warriors to pick it up...

No playful banter yet? shave off 2 seconds to get my steak dinner. (Get ready to pay up Joe)

I think I made a safe bet, you'll be lucky to get into the 1:17's.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

We will see... Only time will tell.

I just bought brand new sticker tires too! Money is no object!
    Jeremy Billiel

Greg getting into the 15's should be no problem. You into the 16's...now that is another issue!

ITA isn't faster than ITS at NHMS. Last year was a perfect storm of run groupings and weather. ITS track record is a 1:14.2 and an offical qual time of 1:13.8. Ain't no ITA car ever gonna hit that.

Good weather should have the chicane/chicane record fall for ITS. Qual times have been in the 1:18's for ITS...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Greg getting into the 15's should be no problem. You into the 16's...now that is another issue!

ITA isn't faster than ITS at NHMS. Last year was a perfect storm of run groupings and weather. ITS track record is a 1:14.2 and an offical qual time of 1:13.8. Ain't no ITA car ever gonna hit that.

Good weather should have the chicane/chicane record fall for ITS. Qual times have been in the 1:18's for ITS...
    What are you saying Andy? I suck? If so you are correct!

I am shooting for it. We will see what happens. All I have to do is grow some balls and go through turns 1 and 2 better.
    Jeremy Billiel

Not saying that at all - just haven't seen you get much seat time as all. A good goal to have - hope you nail it!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

All I have to do is grow some balls and go through turns 1 and 2 better.
    Ask Stepanie if you can borrow them for the weekend, ya know once she cut them off they will never grow back.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

So you saying Jeremy had balls at one time??
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

On a somewhat similiar note, we have a vacancy in one of our garages so if anyone needs a home please let me know.
    Jeremy Billiel

As much fun as it is watching the ITS race a lap down in our not so ITS Miata, with Brandon trying to take the SM crown this year I am borrowing a SSM car to see how slow I am in a fair battle. But if you guys miss me too much, maybe next race Ill get back out there! P.S. the 300zx is heading down to NC so I would be happy to pass along any good bye wishes for everyone... my pink miata should be underway soon
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter164 View Post
    ... my pink miata should be underway soon

What, like driving a Miata isn't ghey enough all by itself...?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

What, like driving a Miata isn't ghey enough all by itself...?

Exactly. If we weren't going to use it as a rental I was going to put pink numbers on it, a rainbow front bumper, "Hit me here" on the rear bumper, and the rear window would have a sticker that said, "I'm not Ghey but my car is". Would be easy to pick out of the crowd that way I think! Alas, not very rentable so we might have to forgo that and keep it simple...

At least then Jeremy could drive it when his wife doesn't give him his turn with the balls...
    Last edited by hunter164; 05-19-2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter164 View Post
    Exactly. If we weren't going to use it as a rental I was going to put pink numbers on it, a rainbow front bumper, "Hit me here" on the rear bumper, and the rear window would have a sticker that said, "I'm not Ghey but my car is". ...
    Or a sticker that says, "Don't hit me, I'm a girl!"...................

Oh wait, that's been done............

Predictions for Jeremy: High 1:17s............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post

Predictions for Jeremy: High 1:17s............
    No Faith...
    Jeremy Billiel