Thread: Pertronix Alternatives

Default Pertronix Alternatives

OK, so yesterday as we were preparing to load the ITB Volvo onto the trailer to go to the dyno, it quits running and there is a electronics burning smell, and smoke from the distributor. Look inside and the Pertronix has become a little melted mess for no apparent reason. Anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering at this point if there are better alternatives to the Pertronix or if this failure is just an unfortunate isolated event. Anyone got any ideas and / or experince with other points-replacement type iginition triggers? Thanks all.
    Washington DC Region
    Scuderia Tortuga
    MARRS ITC Scirocco #12

Unfortunately, too much experience with this stuff.

For my car, there are three alternatives. Pertronix, Crane/Allison and Lumenition. All use a trigger wheel, the Crane and Lumenition also have an ancillary small power box that the Pertronix does not have.

Of the three, I have found the Pertronix to be the most reliable, the Crane second (it was on the car when I bought it and failed) and Lumenition unknown as I just bought a couple of units to try.

You probably have options as well.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Points?

lovebeijgo Guest

Red face the extract of suffering

experience is the extract of suffering.-------------------------Our wow power leveling website offer Fast and Secure wow powerleveling service. WoW Power Leveling 60-70, Cheap wow power leveling 1-70. The Professional WoW Power Leveling! Powerlevel WoW Power Leveling now. WOrld of warcraft Power Leveling bloom of true love associated with this time of year!