Thread: ECR and SARRC racers - Moroso is closing for renovations

Default ECR and SARRC racers - Moroso is closing for renovations

Here is the press release from Moroso:
    http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com..._pr_may_12.jpg
    If they are back up by October, we will only loose one ECR and one SARRC.

Jay Mauney from the Florida Region, sent out an email tonight saying that this weekend event will be the last until the renovations are complete.
    He also stated that they will be previewing the new track at a BBQ this Saturday evening.
    I hope they have a model of the new design. If they do, I'll get some pictures and post them here.

The SEDIV website has not been updated yet with the cancellations of the June 28th SARRC and the September 21st ECR.

Time to look at the schedule and find another SARRC to run to get my six.
    Rodney Williamson
    www.titaniummotorsports.com

Are there any rumors on how the configuration might change if at all? Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to a revised, updated track.

I swore off Moroso several years ago because I didn't like the constant d!cking around with the configuration, every change seemingly worse than the one before. I hope they get it right and do it well.

Keep us posted.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by spawpoet View Post
    Are there any rumors on how the configuration might change if at all? Thanks for the info.
    From the release,
    The new 2-mile road course will be will be 40 feet wide, feature several areas of paved run-off and adhere to the highest FIA safety standards.
    Upon reopening in the Fall '08, the two tracks will be separated allowing them to run simultaneously.

So, that means the track will be shorter, and they will have to expand it off into the swamp, as the karting track will remain open during the renovations.

I am glad for the wider racing surface and FIA standards. My guess is that the teams that test there for GrandAm, ALMS, and Indycar had some input in that being a requirement.
    Rodney Williamson
    www.titaniummotorsports.com

Man if they intend to run drag and road racing simultaneously they must be reconfiguring the track almost entirely. I can see them simply repaving from turns 2-6, but they will have to change the rest of the track very significantly to seperate the dragstrip from the roadcourse. Your right that they must intend on either filling some canals and going out into the swamp, or they intend on moving the track in towards the paddock area some in which case they would have to move pitlane as well.

chris

Default Moroso

I saw drawings that indicated What was the front stretch (with the little kink we called turn 1) will be the back stretch, there will be a sweeper, at about where the admin buildigs are now, turning to the west and then back a little toward the east before straightening out for a run north past the cart track, the turn three, four and five complex will be pretty much the same, then hooking into the back straight (the old front stretch), it is a bit more technical than the old track, shorter. but with what looks like some good passing areas, there will be a complex between the front straight and the back straight that will include timing, admin etc with garages. The drag strip is going to be relocated a little further east and angled a little to get more run off, All drag racing vehicles will be on the east side, we will be on the west side with improved camping facilities where the motocross track used to be. I am sure things have changed some by now, but what I saw looked great, management has indicated that all new barriers will be safer barriers, no more tires, and workers stations are to be state of the art.
    Hope it all happens, but by fall, I don't think so, we will be lucky to be racing there this time nexst year.

Angry adversity tries them

prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them.-------------------------Our wow power leveling website offer Fast and Secure wow powerleveling service. WoW Power Leveling 60-70, Cheap wow power leveling 1-70. The Professional Cheap WoW Gold! Powerlevel wow gold now. WOrld of warcraft Power Leveling bloom of true love associated with this time of year!
    self-trust is the first secret of success.