Thread: Grattan anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey Lenny... if you're hurting for ITB competition (saw your post over in the other thread) you could always consider coming over to Waterford for a weekend... always big ITB fields, often 10+ cars in B only, and always plenty of Mustangs to beat up on...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Vaughan, I may have to rig up a different exhaust system and try that. I've heard it's a really tight, narrow course, but I should try it before going by someone else's opinion. There used to be 5 - 6 events a year between Grattan and Gingerman; this year there are two so I have to expand my horizons.
    Lenny Basaj
    ITB #76
    Western Michigan Region

Yes, it is tight, narrow, and 100% technical... but if you can learn it, sure is fun! Cheap, too! Give a shout if you need advice getting a VW through sound - I'm sure we can get input on successful setups - and be sure to stop by if you do make it!

If nothing else, I know we'll have a good ITB field at Mid-O for the IT-Spec-tacular! Both me and my teammate are coming down from Waterford, and one of the faster Rustangs is threatening to join us... in addition to all the other guys... I know I have unfinished business with Gran!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Great weekend!! Had a blast with Chris on Sat.! Stupid exhaust cost me a shot at the win on the last lap. Very happy with the 1:32.4xx I ran - not too bad for me or the Civic!

1st win in ITA on Sunday for me. Been a LONG TIME since I got a win! Wished Chris was running, but I'll take it.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)