Thread: OVR ROC Restricted Regional

Default OVR ROC Restricted Regional

Anyone going? Is there an online entry list? Do I really have to fill out an entry form with a pen and spend $.41 no make that $.42 to mail it in? Now that the cost has gone up maybe I can't afford to go

Count me in #85 IT7
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what we're doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Nutter View Post
    Anyone going? Is there an online entry list? Do I really have to fill out an entry form with a pen and spend $.41 no make that $.42 to mail it in? Now that the cost has gone up maybe I can't afford to go

Count me in #85 IT7
    They don't allow ITR cars.

I'll be there.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

The powers that be think that the speed difference between ITR and ITC is too great. This comes from the same region that would have ITS with GT1 at their fall regional before the runoffs a few years ago and has Eproduction (think Caterham go carts) with GT1 at this race. Makes no sense to me that 1-3 ITR's would be a dangerous thing.

matt

I'd just like to point out that this event is only $220 if you're in the restricted IT group. That's stupid cheap. Probably about what that "test session" thingy is going to cost the Friday before IT Fest, but this is an entire weekend. Plus the race is 19 laps; about IT Fest length. So come out.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by xr4racer View Post
    The powers that be think that the speed difference between ITR and ITC is too great. This comes from the same region that would have ITS with GT1 at their fall regional before the runoffs a few years ago and has Eproduction (think Caterham go carts) with GT1 at this race. Makes no sense to me that 1-3 ITR's would be a dangerous thing.

matt

ITR cars are 'new' and there haven't been any that have run at Mid-Ohio that were 'really' built/tested, so guessing the potential is hard. Looking at ITE vs. ITC - the track record difference is 16 seconds a lap. The decision was made to think of ITR like ITE since there isn't any data for the class...

ITS with GT1... Don't remember that, but it sounds like a bad idea. (Kind of like ITR and ITC) Different groupings are tried (some good and some bad) to make the best fit for the weekend. We try to learn from the 'bad' and make better decisions going forward...

EP and GT1 have a track record split of 10.5 seconds.

1-3 ITRs at the current development might not be a bad thing, but what happens when someone shows up with a "built to the edge" ITR car?

Decisions are made with the information available and everyone involved tries to make the 'right' decision. You can't please all the people all the time. The Restricted Regional is a way to allow Regional racers to come out and get some cheap track time while helping pay the bills for the National. 3 years ago, there wasn't space in the weekend for any other races - the National was over 300 entries. Now that it is down, this is something we are trying to pay the bills and let more people have fun.

I encourage ANYONE who would like input into a race weekend to step up and join the race committee or be a co-race chair. Every region is looking for people to help put on these events. Everyone working a club racing weekend (SCCA) is a volunteer. No one gets a dime for gas, hotel, expenses... All there for the love of the sport and to give something back.

Matt Downing
    (Who is HAPPY to train anyone on race committee or co-race chair responsibilities!!!)
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

In. Spent the $.42.
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Hi Matt! This reply is with all respect and thankfulness for your efforts. Thank you!
    However, (knew something was up eh) I take care of Dan Jones ITR BMW. Dan won the 62 car Pro-IT race at the ARRC in Atlanta. He won the Pro-IT and both sprint races last week at Pocono. He qualified the car at Summit a couple weeks back on the ft row. It is certainly one of the "better" ITR cars. I like to think it is an on the edge built car. I also take care of an ITS car that is decent but certainly not a "dominant" car in ITS. Dans times in ITR are typically about 1 to 1.2 seconds a lap faster at any given track over an average ITS car. I am stuck as I own a race prep shop in Pittsburgh. Please don't think that this is a "I'll go play elsewhere" thing. But because Dan could not run with you guys. I need to take him to Summit Point. The ITS guy and Dan are friends so ITS guy is now going to Summit as well. I have two SM arrive and drive guys who are now going to Summit with me instead of Mid-O Chris and Kevin Gleason. I was going to do Trackside for a fellow named Dick Barnes in S2000, but when I said I wasn't going he moved his next event to VIR June 7th. I like Mid-Ohio better, more paddock space for sure! I sent a friendly e-mail to an OVR official asking about it I got a curt reply. When I asked for clarification on a point I got no reply. Little frustrated. I have the Mid-O lap record in Club Ford and have raced with the Vees in a Formula Ford PLENTY of times. 28 years with a comp liscence. That is a greater split than Dan in his ITR car vs an ITC car. So oh well tiny venting done. I agree that more including myself shoud be involved with the behind the scenes work. Right now its my income and I'm raising kids with the time spent at track. I promise to help you when my kids are outa school ! Really! Thanks all Jim Locke Back to racing!
    I like to cut my butter with a chainsaw, why do you ask?
    Jim Locke
    Preps, ITS, ITR, SM, Vintage stuff, Land speed stuff, ST, Drag race stuff. Ya know race stuff!

Thanks for the info Jim! Hopefully we can include ITR in the restricted regional in 2009.

Hard data is good to have and it looks like (from your info) ITR isn't the super duper fast class everyone is thinking. (me included) I am sorry to hear your 'group' won't be attending the event. The ONLY national at MO and the cheapest track time you'll ever get at MO for the regional race. We are running TWo regular regionals at MO this fall - Hope to see you all there!

Matt
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

We will surely attend one if not both! Thanks Matt and look forward to meeting you in person! Jim
    Jim Locke
    Preps, ITS, ITR, SM, Vintage stuff, Land speed stuff, ST, Drag race stuff. Ya know race stuff!

just to echo what Jim was saying, don't be afraid of ITR...it is NOT ITE. nobody i know is thinking ITR is some super fast class...it is just a notch (1-2 sec) faster than ITS. there is plenty of data out there to compare ITR times to ITC/B/A/S. just check results for VIR, Summit Point, Pocono, etc. there are bunches of fully tweaked ITR BMW's running.

hey Jim...sounds like Dan and Doc are coming to MARRS 2? cool!

Marshall
    the ITR pole guy at summit who was right in front of Dan....
    Last edited by mlytle; 05-17-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Yeah We will be there! Hey, got paddock space for 4? Jim
    Jim Locke

definite maybe! unless more its guys enter, will be able to fit you in. you or dan can email with details of trailer setups.

Great weekend! THANKS to everyone for coming!!!!! Looking forward to the IT-Fest weekend!
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

who was there in ITB?
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Can we expect these results to be up on mylaps any time soon?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin,
    Its being worked on. Hopefully in the next couple days or so.

Default MidOhio Ntl Regional

Quote Originally Posted by spdmonkey View Post
    Kevin,
    Its being worked on. Hopefully in the next couple days or so.
    All sessions are posted to Mylaps. Search Neohio and find the event. Both the National and Regional are the same event. Regional groups are 6 & 7.