Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BoreOffs at Road America

Default BoreOffs at Road America

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

This just answered my question of "will I run IT if it goes National" with a "no".

-Tom
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

Interesting, why Tom?

Here's quote:
    “Club Racing in the United States has evolved in the last decade, and rotating the Runoffs will do nothing but help the event and the Club Racing program, overall,” SCCA Chairman R.J. Gordy said.
    Also, the event will move from October to Sept.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Sounds like a good idea.

I think we're missing a bet, not going to a rotational schedule. It's complex, it makes contracts a pain, but I think it would be worth the trouble.

RA isn't a bad venue, under the current set of assumptions.

K

According to google maps, they've moved it 652 miles.

It is now exactly one more mile away than Topeka was for me.

Further evidence that there is a conspiracy to keep me from having any national ambitions
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    This just answered my question of "will I run IT if it goes National" with a "no".

-Tom
    why, because integra's don't make enough power?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    According to google maps, they've moved it 652 miles.

It is now exactly one more mile away than Topeka was for me.

Further evidence that there is a conspiracy to keep me from having any national ambitions
    You know, you probably expected to hear this, but you get no sympathy from us west coasters.

Topeka, KS: 1834 miles
    Elkhart Lake, WI: 2233 miles
    Braselton, GA: 2493 miles
    Lexington, OH: 2502 miles

If there wasn't a tow fund, I think no one would go. It simply costs too much in both time and money just to get there.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Kirk, I read in that quote the concept of rotational scheduling, but I assumed it would be done in two year bites, probably due to the inability to coerce tracks into anything less than a 2 yr contract...but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Still 2 years is better then the past stays...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Nothing against RA, It's a great track with awesome bratwurst

I thought Topeka was going to be the perminant home of the runoffs?

If National really cared about ALL it's racers it would alternate East and West coast. Until they do there is no way I'm spending all the time and money to run at the runoffs!
    John Norris
    #07 ITS/R BMW 325is
    #07 ITS BMW 325
    Sponsors:
    GREEN FLASH BEER
    GT International BMW Service since 1976

If the SCCA had a deal like they had with Pro Spec Miata for 2-3 years with a left coast & a right coast championship with the overall Runoffs centerally located some of you would still continue to pi$$ & moan. I went to Mid Ohio for 9 years & I have gone to Topeka for 2 years. If the Runoffs were on the left coast or the right coast I wouldn't go while at the same time I wouldn't pi$$ & moan. We'll miss ALL of you who consider the Runoffs the Ruboffs or the Boreoffs. Gee, let's see now the Road Americal will have two premire SCCA events for the next three years in the June Sprints & the Runoffs. I am sure the local economy will appreciate everyone & the money they spend.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
    If the SCCA had a deal like they had with Pro Spec Miata for 2-3 years with a left coast & a right coast championship with the overall Runoffs centerally located some of you would still continue to pi$$ & moan. I went to Mid Ohio for 9 years & I have gone to Topeka for 2 years. If the Runoffs were on the left coast or the right coast I wouldn't go while at the same time I wouldn't pi$$ & moan. We'll miss ALL of you who consider the Runoffs the Ruboffs or the Boreoffs. Gee, let's see now the Road Americal will have two premire SCCA events for the next three years in the June Sprints & the Runoffs. I am sure the local economy will appreciate everyone & the money they spend.
    there seems to be a certain demographic of people that feel entitled, and will bitch like teenage girls on their first PMS cycle if their every need isn't catered to.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I think this is a good decision for the club.

I have been to the last few runoffs venues, and would have gone to the next. It IS nice that it will be a shorter drive this time, and it sounds like it will be moving more regularly in the future (every 3 years is what I am hearing). I hope it is at VIR next!

I predict that our regionals at RA will become more crowded, but that's OK, it's a big track.

To some of you - If you don't have anything nice to say.... well you already know
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    I think this is a good decision for the club.

I have been to the last few runoffs venues, and would have gone to the next. It IS nice that it will be a shorter drive this time, and it sounds like it will be moving more regularly in the future (every 3 years is what I am hearing). I hope it is at VIR next!

I predict that our regionals at RA will become more crowded, but that's OK, it's a big track.

To some of you - If you don't have anything nice to say.... well you already know
    Doubtful about VIR. It would be a great place for the Runoffs. Hotels would be rough. Slim pickin's. I'm betting the person in charge of VIR will be the hiccup. Heir grapevine says the Commandant has made lots of friends during his rein as attorney/gestapo/ruler/give-me-the-money ecclestone/extraordinaire. But then what do I know? It's an internet forum
    Last edited by roadracer; 05-30-2008 at 05:54 AM.

This sucks, it's still further than when it was at Mid-O. j/k
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

I wish it would come back to Road Atlanta. With the price of diesel I really can't justify more than a 4 hour one way drive. The fuel bill alone for CMP last weekend was over $265 :eek: That's an entry fee or a couple of tires for crying out loud.

From talking to drivers at races about how the cost of fuel is affecting their budgets I think we (racing regions) are in for a big suprise come year end.

We need a smilie with a guy pulling his pockets out.
    Tom Sprecher

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    I wish it would come back to Road Atlanta. With the price of diesel I really can't justify more than a 4 hour one way drive. The fuel bill alone for CMP last weekend was over $265 :eek: That's an entry fee or a couple of tires for crying out loud.

From talking to drivers at races about how the cost of fuel is affecting their budgets I think we (racing regions) are in for a big suprise come year end.

We need a smilie with a guy pulling his pockets out.
    I don't think the racing regions are going to have to wait till the end of the year to see the affect.

The price of fuel is a serious consideration. I know several national racers that are skipping long tows because the cost of fuel is prohibitive...The tow fund might cover fuel to the runnofs, but qualifying for them is another matter...

Tak

boreoffs??

ever run at RA? far from boring!! the track actually surprised the hell outta me to be honest...

In my Opinion RA is a good place for the runoffs. it is one of premire tracks i the US. the infrastructure has the "support" and the town welcomes racers.

I will be there

Default Whatever!

Except for those who have other cars or happen to live in the area, since IT is not a National class and 2/3 of you wish to keep it that way why do we even care where it's run or what it's called?

Tom Sprecher