Thread: Fiesta Drivers

Default Fiesta Drivers

In the process of buying an LP HP Fiesta. Would love to be able to compare notes on set-up, areas of weakness, etc. (The car I am buying has Ford Tempo front hubs -- legal in Prod but not IT?)

Email is: [email protected]
    Phone: 919-345-9871

Thanks in advance! Can't wait to drive it! I am in the SE, but will likely make a MARRS race this year, maybe Mid Ohio as well.

Rick

I used to race a Fiesta in ITC many years ago. Besides the hubs, which does not apply in your case, the only other problem I had was the rear axel. The stub axels are welded to the axel tube and I did snap one off and lose a wheel. Not sure if you can "fix" this legally in Prod or not.

I also only used a "BF" rear sway bar that I fabricated myself, with no front bar. What type of diff does the car have? I put in a Quaffe and it transformed the car in long power on turns. Before I could break traction on the inside front wheel (Passenger side), one downside to the stiff rear bar. The two items go together and worked well for me.

I know that my car, once I sold it was later converted to Prod. I saw it for sale in SportsCar a few years ago as a Prod car. I know it was mine as I remembered the phone number listed in the add. What year is this car? Perhaps it is my old car?
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Default 1978 Fiesta

Fiesta is a 1978 and does have a Quaife. Thanks for the tips though.

I've been a Club Ford driver most of my racing "career", and recently switched to a FP MGB (still being rebuilt). The Fiesta is to allow me to get out there racing while I complete the FP car.

Rick