But is there anyone out there who races a rear drive car that, for whatever reason, prefers to race with an open differential as opposed to a locked or limited slip?
I'm not completely sold on the merits of running a LSD in my Mustang (UNDERSTEER). A Ford Traction-Loc was recently installed, and I'm wondering if I made a big mistake as the car was already handling like a spec Miata...:eek:
Maybe I should have thought instead about a bigger rear sway bar to help with corner exit speeds. Now that I've got the LSD in my car, I'm going to have to make an adjustment...
As for the adjustment, I can't reduce weight at the front as the car is already bare-boned. Making a sway bar adjustment front or rear makes no sense as all this will do (in my mind) is return the car to its former handling prowess, with the LSD showing negligible, if any, gain. (Spring changes, tire pressure changes, etc...., it'll all be the same to me.)
Can someone explain in sufficient detail how the LSD is going to benefit me once I dial out the increased understeer that the LSD will initially present???
My assumption is that these LSD things are of more benefit to drag racers than to anybody who drives a road or oval circuit car...
Thanks to any and all replies, as I'm .......STUMPED!