Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SFR Laguna Regional May 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    I helped prep that car. Except for the engine, it's quite a ways beyond ITR. All Lexan, lots of interior stuff removed that can't be removed in IT (like wiring, rear windows, etc), but the biggie is the cut fenders and the wide flares. The fronts can be put back to stock easily enough, but the rears would be a lot more work.
    Wiring, we don't need no stinking wiring!! do we?? Oh, and never mind what's not under the dash You do know that TC gutted my car? Just so you don't blame me for what's not there, yet. But, I will have the washer bottle installed. I promise.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

james thanks for those pictures!!!

While i was only 6 years old at that time, damn that was a long time ago, i still have vivid memories of Sears point at that time. From the time i was 4 years old untill i was about 12 i went to the NHRA top fuel races every year there. My uncle worked for Garry Ormsby (sp) at that time, and we always camped across the road, which is now gone too.

There was a gap from about 1998 untill 2003 when i didn't go nor see Sears point. I did my first DE there in 03 and it was a whole lot different then i remeber!

Default Lexus

Josh, The car is still pretty much the same as when you drove with Derek. It is a great car and I am having a ton of fun with it. It looks like we will be going all in and adding a turbo so I can run with the high hp guys in ITE. I am also entertaining the idea of adding a more aggressive body kit to go with the wide wheels and tires on the car. I have had a few tires go away with some of the rubbing. Come by and say hello sometime we are running both SoCal and SFR this year..

Jimmy,

Glad you were taken back by the pictures. I'd just found them a few months ago in an old desk out in the garage.

WS,

I hope you've got a good look at Joe Hall's car because that's how to build a killer ITE car. Pretty much like an old trans-am car, a tube frame with a body welded on the outside. As it stands now you should be able to run with Uncle Joe Bensen and Bill Stearns when he gets his AS Cobra back togeather.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter