Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    My favorite cheat is pretty cool. I take a cucumber, medium to large size, and wrap it in aluminum foil. I stuff that baby in the old Sparco, and walla! I appear to have an armadillo in my trousers.
    Thanks a lot Jeff, now I need to get that image out of my head.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Ah, but times have changed Dick, you have to be clean now that you've upped the game and are at the front!
    And... we've upped our game, now you up yours! :026:
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    My favorite cheat is pretty cool. I take a cucumber, medium to large size, and wrap it in aluminum foil. I stuff that baby in the old Sparco, and walla! I appear to have an armadillo in my trousers.
    Umm, so, Jeff, you find that the legal groupies dig .....armadillos?

(Ron warned me about you, LOL)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

David, you are absolutely correct - the guys farther back do care if someone they're racing with is cheating or not. When I said/wrote you can run what you want if you plan to run "at the back", I meant DFL! :cool:

That said, we DO have a responsibility to make sure folks running our class (whatever that may be) are aware they should be legal. As the unofficial "Associate Pastor of the First Church of GTA", I'm often approached by guys saying, "So-and-so is cheating their ass off. What are YOU going to do about it?" Obviously people are concerned about folks taking liberties with the rules regardless of where in the pack they're racing, and having folks po'd about other guys cheating (and feeling they need to cheat themselves to keep up) is bad for the sport. After thinking about it for quite awhile, I figured out my response:

"If you think so-and-so is cheating, tell me what rule(s) you believe they're breaking. I'm willing to help you resolve the situation, but make sure you're willing to file an official protest before you come talk to me."
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Matt-

It the Northeast ITB ranks I watch closely and I think most try to be as legal as possible. Someone once questioned the hight of our front spoilers on one of the Audi's... yup it had sagged so we got out the saw and cut it. If you see anything on our cars please let us know, we will be glad to defend the item or change it ASAP.

Raymond "As a North Easter, I am offended by Matt" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com