View Poll Results: Should IT be made a National class?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 33.33%
  • No

96 66.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll: Should IT go National?

Quote Originally Posted by itb76 View Post
    ever since CENDiv and GLDiv split. The number of regional races has gone way down as well.
    It has? Are you sure that you don't just see half of them in your half of the 'old' CenDiv?

We have at least a dozen races a year over on the West side of the lake.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

No to going National...I'm old school, and think that the purity of IT would be quickly lost.
    I drive in ITC part time
    Mark P. Larson
    Fast Family Racing
    #83 GP Nissan 210
    CFR #164010
    3X CFR ITC Regional Champ
    1995 SEDIV ECR Champ
    Go Big Or Go Home!

Here's a suggestion for IT'ers that want to go national.........Maybe the SCCA front office should start their own PROIT and let it be a National Class. This way PROIT could be incorporated into the National racing weekend schedule and any IT'er that wants to race it can.

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    Here's a suggestion for IT'ers that want to go national.........Maybe the SCCA front office should start their own PROIT and let it be a National Class. This way PROIT could be incorporated into the National racing weekend schedule and any IT'er that wants to race it can.
    Thus the BOD created B and D Prepared, which takes car classification to a new granularity. You can race on all the displacement or lack there-of as long as you do it through a straw. Sort of the ultimate restrictor plate race group.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    Thus the BOD created B and D Prepared, which takes car classification to a new granularity. You can race on all the displacement or lack there-of as long as you do it through a straw. Sort of the ultimate restrictor plate race group.

James
    James, a true DP car is 2 to 4 secs a lap faster than any fully prepared IT car both driven by top drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by itb76 View Post
    Having said that, the IT fields have really waned in the last couple years, ever since CENDiv and GLDiv split. The number of regional races has gone way down as well.
    Split the pie into too many pieces and eventually nobody gets any.

As long as the Atlanta Region runs ProIT races on National race weekends at Road Atlanta I really couldn't care less if IT went national or not since I literally could get my racing fix all year long and never spend $250 just on diesel like I did this past weekend. Otherwise, I would look at IT=National as just another opportunity to race locally.
    Last edited by tom_sprecher; 05-27-2008 at 12:04 PM.
    Tom Sprecher