Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summit Point - Photographer?

Default Summit Point - Photographer?

Hi - had a great race at MARRS I and I'm curious if there is a roving track photographer who shoots those races? Several do that at the NE tracks. If there is a person/website you could direct me to I'd be thankful.

BigSpeed
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

There were a couple of guys who did the "send you some photos and a bill" thing last year; Roz Rosintoski and Ken Brown, but I don't know if they were there this weekend. I know I saw at least one pro photographer wandering around while I was watching some of the qualifying Saturday. There is also a new guy (new to my knowledge anyway) Travis Trussell, who has this website http://www.travistrussell.com , and was at the track and is supposed to have something up by the end of this week.
    Last edited by erlrich; 04-30-2008 at 10:10 AM.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Hey Earl - recognize your car - got some footage of you during the race. Trying to crunch the video files down - I'm no expert but hopefully it'll look good online.

on edit - here's the link to the race: (it'll take a minute of blue screen & then run)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...Gl7PziBg&hl=en

Cheers and thanks

BigSpeed
    Last edited by benspeed; 04-30-2008 at 08:21 PM.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Were you parked back in teh woods next to an Orange Honda and a Blue Acura?
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

I was going to ask the same thing. I dont know if Brian got any good pictures of big bore, but I know he was using my camera. I need to teach him out how to take pictures of racing cars.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Hey Earl - recognize your car - got some footage of you during the race. Trying to crunch the video files down - I'm no expert but hopefully it'll look good online.

on edit - here's the link to the race: (it'll take a minute of blue screen & then run)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...Gl7PziBg&hl=en

Cheers and thanks

BigSpeed
    Very cool, thanks Ben.

Also, since I take it Eric is a friend of yours, please make sure and thank him for the very considerate point-by going into 5, that was very much appreciated. Since he was as fast or faster in a straight line, and with the track being so slick off-line (and on-line actually), he could have kept me back there for a few more laps if he had really wanted to. Of course, if I had known he was being video taped I might have just stayed behind him a little longer and gotten some more air time
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Yep - that was me parked in the woods. I met Denny, father of the Honda driver. He took me out to the carousel and told me how lame I was driving it, then taught me the line :-)

Helped since I finished 3rd overall.

Here's the Big Bore in car video.

Summit is on my list of favorite tracks - especially because the atmoshphere and comraderie is tops

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...BoXorgKEwLDzBw

Cheers,

Ben
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Awesome Ben, glad to have sort of met you. At least I didnt have to pick you up since I was workin EV for the weekend. I will go through the camera and see what I can find of your car, Brian was down near the Chute so I hope one of them came out well.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Yep - that was me parked in the woods. I met Denny, father of the Honda driver. He took me out to the carousel and told me how lame I was driving it, then taught me the line :-)
    Ben
    I thought that was you. I'm horrible with names. I'm Rob, the driver of the Orange Honda and my dad Dennis is the one you were talking with. When you come back to the track, make sure to come on back. It was nice to meet you. I'd really like to get a closer look at your car. Never made it over since I spent the majority of the time under the hood of mine.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

I didnt post alot but the GT & Prod & SM/SSM albums are done....IT and Formula to be done later tonight

Thanks
    Travis

www.TravisTrussell.com

Hey Travis - I bought some shots - great work and excellent ordering process! Folks - buy pictures from Travis and support those who support SCCA.

Cheers,

Ben
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Hey Ben

Thanks for the kind words....if possible please email me... scca2k(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thanks
    Travis

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    There were a couple of guys who did the "send you some photos and a bill" thing last year; Roz Rosintoski and Ken Brown, but I don't know if they were there this weekend. I know I saw at least one pro photographer wandering around while I was watching some of the qualifying Saturday. There is also a new guy (new to my knowledge anyway) Travis Trussell, who has this website http://www.travistrussell.com , and was at the track and is supposed to have something up by the end of this week.
    Ben,
    Roz was at Summit for MARRS 1, I would try him.
    Bill Etherington
    NNJR Tech

Im behind, but the ITR/S/A and a few ITB and SRX7s album is up www.travistrussell.com

Quote Originally Posted by wdether View Post
    Ben,
    Roz was at Summit for MARRS 1, I would try him.
    Anyone have contact info for Roz?

http://www.investuuuu.com/ that is his investment site

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    Anyone have contact info for Roz?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Danke!

Got my pics in the mail Travis - one is now framed in my office. Looks great!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Glad they worked out for you Ben.....are you coming back to Summit again this year?