Thread: IT National? Anyone else have this experience at a driver's meeting this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Let me guess....Pat's Pig is a Kansas strip joint, and Baby Dolls is a restaurant?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Let me guess....Pat's Pig is a Kansas strip joint, and Baby Dolls is a restaurant?
    Actually Jeff, Baby Dolls is a multi functional establishment, you may get quite good food and naked women.
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

I gotta agree with David D. Be careful what you wish for. The Spec Miata class is a classic example with much less National entries than last year. While I like Travis's idea of no Reg/Nat. distnction, that probably won't happen, and SCCA needs the Nationals to be their premier racing series. Word on the street is that they are going to combine FP,GP, and HP into one class, and make the Runoffs 21 classes. I guess because that allows them to add 3 more classes at their whim. The other reason for lower entries at the Runoffs is their insistance to run it at Heartland Park. Mid Ohio was a long haul, but Topeka adds another day to my towing. I and many others can't afford that, and won't attend. Keep IT Regional as the crown jewel of entry level racing! (climbing off soap box now)
    Mark P. Larson
    Fast Family Racing
    #83 GP Nissan 210
    CFR #164010
    3X CFR ITC Regional Champ
    1995 SEDIV ECR Champ
    Go Big Or Go Home!

As much of a useless, tasteless bore as a strip joint is, adding food to the mix just makes it, if this is even possible, even more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat124girl View Post
    Actually Jeff, Baby Dolls is a multi functional establishment, you may get quite good food and naked women.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 05-28-2008 at 11:26 AM.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    As much of a useless, tasteless bore as a strip joint is, adding food to the mix just makes it, if this is even possible, even more ridiculous.
    Jeff, you need to travel beyond your neighborhood, and down to the home of our esteemed safety guru Gregg Baker, who has (reportedly) spent some time studying the "Rachael's" business model. Rachael's is a steakhouse. Near the Palm Beach airport (among other locations). They will detail your car while you wait. And serve you that steak with waitresses wearing, well, you get the idea...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com