For Immediate Release

Thoennes Named SCCA Pro Racing Technical Manager

TOPEKA, Kan. (May 23, 2008) - SCCA Pro Racing announced today that Jeremy Thoennes will join its staff as Technical Manager. Thoennes will focus on the SCCA SPEED World Challenge Championships.

Thoennes joins the SCCA Pro Racing staff after serving as Club Racing Technical Services Manager for Sports Car Club of America, Inc. since 2002.

"Not only does Jeremy have a wealth of technical and motorsports knowledge, he has a great skill set and instinct to bring to SCCA Pro Racing," SCCA Pro Racing Competition and Technical Director Ken Tripkos said. "He is a perfect fit for our team as SPEED World Challenge progresses into the future."

A graduate of Minnesota State University (Mankato, Minn.), Thoennes has been in motorsports his entire professional career, serving as car chief, crew chief, engine builder and fabricator for several racing teams in both oval and road racing. His first experience on the race organization side came with a two-year stint at SCCA Enterprises as Assistant Technical Director. Thoennes becomes the first staff member to work for all three entities of SCCA-the parent company, SCCA, Inc., and its two subsidiaries-SCCA Pro Racing and SCCA Enterprises.

"This is a tremendous opportunity for me to put all of my past experience to work for the best production-based professional racing series in North America," Thoennes said. "I've enjoyed my time on the Club Racing side, but it was time for a change and I'm excited to get started."

Thoennes will not have to move far to occupy his new post-down the hall to the Pro Racing wing in the Topeka, Kan.-based SCCA headquarters. He, his wife Aimee and their family live in Burlingame, Kan.

Thoennes will officially start June 2. His first race will be the June 6-8 SCCA SPEED World Challenge event at Watkins Glen International.