Thread: IT National? Anyone else have this experience at a driver's meeting this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

jjjaNos has it covered IMHJ.

****Dander: Topeka wants to suckle at the teat of the ARRC and ITFest. Having treated IT like a bastard step-child, unfit to associate with the gentry, I see no reason to recognize Topeka's attempt to invite us in to sit with civilized society since the only reason they are doing it is because they see us as a cash cow. Having completely fubared the Runoffs (tm) by allowing so many National classes to wither and then putting the patient into shock through Startline Steve's ramming Heartland Park down the club's throat, Topeka wants one thing and one thing only - our money. As it now stands, IT has its own "championships" and Topeka has got its panties in a knot because they aren't getting their blood money.****

IT cars ARE 70% of ALL entries for Club racing.

As we all know many Divisions could not make it if their Nationals didn't have restricted Regionals assocated with them. Golly ain't Restricted Regional called inviting IT cars.

Car counts have been sliding for a couple years from my eye viewing.

Is the U.S. in a recession or what ever you want to call it.

IT National WIIL raise the cost

IT National WILL lessen the Regional car count. (ala Spec Miata)
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
    IT cars ARE 70% of ALL entries for Club racing.
    Some silly statements need correction. In 2007, all IT class entries (including those such as IT Truck which are region-specific classes not recognized in the GCR) totaled 6293. All regional entries were 22540 and all national entries were 9988. Thus, IT entries were 28% of regional entries and were 19% of all Club Racing entries.

Dave

Thumbs down

I did not check your numbers but they seem to ring true with what I remember from a SportsCar a few months ago.

IT Entires at 6293 is significant. 63% as large as the ENTIRE National Program and we're only talking about IT. The entire Regional Racing Program dwarfs the National Program.

To get the true picture I think you need to break down the National numbers. If I recall correctly Spec Miata (a former regional program) and SRF make up most of the National entires. Without SM the National program would be hurting worse than it already is.

I see this proposed move the way jjjanos sees it - Topeka wants to grab some of what IT has to offer. One way or another IT won't be the same if this comes to pass.

Ron