Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocono

Quote Originally Posted by Tkczecheredflag View Post
    Greg - I have graduated to a thong - it's veeerrry stimulating and works for all kinds of weather - talk about takin' it into the the "twisties."

Hilarious Tim!!! Totally gross, but hilarious.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Greg - I have graduated to a thong - it's veeerrry stimulating and works for all kinds of weather - talk about takin' it into the the "twisties."
    Oh dude way to much information!!!!!!!! My crotchless - eatable underwear are the best!
    Last edited by dj10; 05-09-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    Oh dude way to much information!!!!!!!! My croutchless underwear are the best!
    "Croutchless"??

Is that underwear that won't allow you to crouch Dan?
    (old age does that for most folks, but hey, i guess some just can't wait and get special undergarments to help them feel old....)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    "Croutchless"??

Is that underwear that won't allow you to crouch Dan?
    (old age does that for most folks, but hey, i guess some just can't wait and get special undergarments to help them feel old....)
    I have a personal spelling checker. Thanks Kake!

You guys wear underwear?????
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

thanks for the idea for a new trophy, have to work on that for October finale

Not my size of course, we don't need a new car cover.

Safe trip up tp Pocono, see you all in a few hours. Time to go racing!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    thanks for the idea for a new trophy, have to work on that for October finale

Not my size of course, we don't need a new car cover.

Safe trip up tp Pocono, see you all in a few hours. Time to go racing!!!!!!!
    Leaving Ligonier etd 1300 eta Pocono 1700.:cool:

Bettencourt Miata - NOT coming. Another substitute player. I beat any of you at THIS track and you ought to hang it up.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 05-09-2008 at 03:31 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Any news of todays results at Pocono?
    Jim Alley
    1990 ITA Miata

Its all about doing your personal Best

Havin'n my ,morning coffee and a little shakey on details.
    Great ITA race between Crazy Joe and Jeff Lawton.

Jeff put the car on the pole - Joe and Jeff trade P-1 several times during the race and make claims of door handle to door handle at every corner on the track. Jeff "hiccups" with about 3 laps to go in T-1, litters the track with cones but safely keeps P-2. Jeff and Joe were quicker than most of the field making tons of power (that's what you bring to Pocono - ponies - they had them - tons of power, keeping them a couple of seconds per lap in front of the field). I'll let them fill in the details - I suspect the video will be very good. Shane ran a nice race and came through the field from 7th to P-4

My best guess on the times
    P-1 - Carzy Joe 1.53.0
    P-2 - Jeff Lawton 1.53.4
    P-3 - Tim Klvana 155.0
    P-4 - Shane Hawthorne 155.7
    P-5 - Andy Benttencourt (as mentioned not his car)
    Maybe Doc Bro was next (Doc did pick up hardware for the Pro IT - P-2 )

Looks like another great day in the Pocono's

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Havin'n my ,morning coffee and a little shakey on details.
    Great ITA race between Crazy Joe and Jeff Lawton.

Jeff put the car on the pole - Joe and Jeff trade P-1 several times during the race and make claims of door handle to door handle at every corner on the track. Jeff "hiccups" with about 3 laps to go in T-1, litters the track with cones but safely keeps P-2. Jeff and Joe were quicker than most of the field making tons of power (that's what you bring to Pocono - ponies - they had them - tons of power, keeping them a couple of seconds per lap in front of the field). I'll let them fill in the details - I suspect the video will be very good. Shane ran a nice race and came through the field from 7th to P-4

My best guess on the times
    P-1 - Carzy Joe 1.53.0
    P-2 - Jeff Lawton 1.53.4
    P-3 - Tim Klvana 155.0
    P-4 - Shane Hawthorne 155.7
    P-5 - Andy Benttencourt (as mentioned not his car)
    Maybe Doc Bro was next (Doc did pick up hardware for the Pro IT - P-2 )

Looks like another great day in the Pocono's
    Timmy what are you doin up so early?

Fantastic race and a beautiful day in the poconos. Like Timmah said Jeff and I ran nose to tail swapping postions almost every lap until Jeff gave me the race on the next to the last lap. Over all Kakashi racing had a great day, a 1st and 2nd in ITA and our fearless leader tGA motored his and Jeremy's ITS Integra to a 2nd place finish.

More details and video to come soon at www.kakashiracing.com
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Let me be the first to congratulate Joe D and Jeff L on the their "1-2 punch" this weekend - You guys drove an awesome race - With three checkered flags to his credit, it would appear we are now all chasing Joe D in ITA- Word has it that Crazy Joe's new found speed can be attribuited to the wax hie is using on the new paint job - He say's it's real slippery. CPM Motorsports had a pretty good run going yesterday until the lower connector on my window net released. We strugged to hold off Joe for the lead while the window bar continued to slide out of the net, getting tangeled up in my pedals on the floor - Got the visual? - Me, Joe, and Jeff - drafting nose to tail - I'm holding the window net with one hand, trying to keep it from flapping out the window and not get black flagged - Needless to say we lost P-1 and P-2 to Joe and Jeff. The CPM Motorsports car ran pretty strong on Sunday - The race was great fun and Joe and Jeff are talented drivers - It's a pleasure to run with you guys. Special thanks to my crew Carol and Jerry Miller and Crew Cheif, Ken Schielke, who continue to pick the slack for me as I battle through some health issues - You guys are awsome - I couldn't do this without you.

Also, thanks to NNJR - Great weekend!!

ITA Results
    Joe D 1.53.9
    Jeff L 1.53.8
    Tim K 1.53.9
    Shane H 1.56.3
    Andy B 1.56.1
    Last edited by Tkczecheredflag; 05-12-2008 at 08:37 AM.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Yup, Joe and Jeff dominated the weekend and Joe is in the cat-bird seat in ITA. It will be a long haul for all of us this year!

Looking forward to NHMS...
    Andy Bettencourt

Group 4 Was SM, ITB, ITC, SSC

ITB Qualifying (Saturday)

Dave Zaslow 1:58.9 A3 Golf
    Michael Reece 1:59.5 A2 Golf
    Gordon Wise 2:00.0 A2 Golf
    Ken Hubbard 2:00.1 BMW 2002
    Nat Wentworth 2:01.4 Volvo 142
    Marios Tinis 2:02.1 Golf A2
    Enrick Benazic 2:02.2 Honda Civic
    Erik Langelius 2.02.4 Honda Civic
    Charles Gerundo 2:05.9 A2 Golf
    Tim Mullen DNQ* A3 Golf

* Tim Went out in the ITPro qualifying but his ECU was kaput. He borrowed another and ran Saturdays race and the ITPro event.

ITB Race (Saturday) 46 Cars On Track

Ken Hubbard 1:57.7
    Dave Zaslow 1:58.1
    Nat Wentworth 1:58.8
    Enrick Benazic 1:59.4
    Gordon Wise 1:59.1
    Erik Langelius 1:59.3
    Tim Mullen 1:59.8
    Charles Gerundo 2:01.3
    Marios Tinis 2:09.2
    Michael Reece 2.02.6

ITB Race (Sunday) 41 Cars On Track

Ken Hubbard 1:59.9
    Dave Zaslow 1:58.2
    Nat Wentworth 2:00.5
    Gordon Wise 1:58.6
    Enrick Benazic 1:59.9
    Erik Langelius 2:00.5
    Charles Gerundo 2:00.9
    Michael Reece 2.03.5
    Marios Tinis 2:01.2
    Tim Mullen DNF*

27 SM's in the field did not make for happy ITB racers.

My races came down to the starts. In Saturday's race I got boxed in at the start by Miata's that did not go. Ken got a great run, as did Michael. There were always too many SM's playing their own games that did not want to let an ITB car past to chase down a competitor. I was catching Michael and then his alternator exploded and ventilated the hood. Marios found his handling funny and found his tie rod loose and almost backed off all the way to failure. Tim started DFL and had fun passing a ton of cars.

Sunday's start was better for me. I got to stay right on the back of Ken. Most unfortunately there was a major incident as Tim was wrecked in Turn 1/Lap1 by an SSC Civic. It had gone off the outside and jerked back on and across the track nailing Tim. Tim's car may be a write-off. Tim was sore but seemed as coherent afterwards as he had been before the race. The track was blocked with debris and the lead pack saw double yellows approaching turn 1 for lap 2. Everyone had to stop as the wrecker, ambulance and debris took the entire pavement. The race was then black-flagged and re-gridded in the starting order.

After the restart I finally got by the SM between us and got a shot at catching him again. Eventually I got close and it was going to be a good battle. Nat also had a good start and I could see him on my tail for a while until some SM's also fubar'ed his charge. Then we came upon some very slow Miata's at the exit from the infield. This made me happy as I could leave a gap and get through the corner better. Or so I thought when the miata two cars back hit the miata in back of me and sent me into Ken. No more gap, no better exit speed. The one two cars back then gets the run and gets between us. I could not get back to him in the one lap left. OTOH it was a lot of fun.

DZ

Who says Pocono isn't challenging?? I learned more about the draft this weekend than in all my previous years of racing. What a blast!!

Tim, if it's all about the horse power, how did a Miata run a full second faster than us last year???..........Or maybe it IS all about horse power??

Nice job Joe and Tim. Couldn't have asked for more exciting races. Joe and I certainly hammered each other for the entire first race (with out touching). Traded places 7 times during the race (watched the video last night). Two second places isn't bad but it would have been nice to come away with one win!! Of course, knocking 1.4 seconds on my previous best time isn't bad either........Now I only need another full second.................Can't wait until the July race!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Tim, if it's all about the horse power, how did a Miata run a full second faster than us last year???..........Or maybe it IS all about horse power??

...Of course, knocking 1.4 seconds on my previous best time isn't bad either....
    Maybe you DROVE better!!!!!
    Andy Bettencourt

Andy, how come you were not in your typical ride?
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Still working on a new motor. Parts sourcing delays...crap!
    Andy Bettencourt

Great Job to the entire Kakashi Team this weekend. 2 First Places, 4 second places and 1 fifth.

The Evil B*tch (New Nickname for the GSR) was still having the dreaded VTEC issue Saturday morning in qualifying. We wrenched and threw everything mechanically we could at in including installing the accucump, new VTEC controller, etc.

Finally we got desperate and put the stock ECU tune back into the car even though we were going to loose power. Surprise Surprise with the stock tuning VTEC was working correctly just in time for the 1st regional race Saturday afternoon. After 2 long weekends we finally figured out the issue.

The bad news is we were very noticably down on power, but we will get back to the dyno, get the HP back and look for us at NHMS.
    Jeremy Billiel