Gordon Wise 2:00.0 A2 Golf
Ken Hubbard 2:00.1 BMW 2002
Nat Wentworth 2:01.4 Volvo 142
Marios Tinis 2:02.1 Golf A2
Enrick Benazic 2:02.2 Honda Civic
Erik Langelius 2.02.4 Honda Civic
Charles Gerundo 2:05.9 A2 Golf
Tim Mullen DNQ* A3 Golf

* Tim Went out in the ITPro qualifying but his ECU was kaput. He borrowed another and ran Saturdays race and the ITPro event.

ITB Race (Saturday) 46 Cars On Track

Ken Hubbard 1:57.7
Dave Zaslow 1:58.1
Nat Wentworth 1:58.8
Enrick Benazic 1:59.4
Gordon Wise 1:59.1
Erik Langelius 1:59.3
Tim Mullen 1:59.8
Charles Gerundo 2:01.3
Marios Tinis 2:09.2
Michael Reece 2.02.6

ITB Race (Sunday) 41 Cars On Track

Ken Hubbard 1:59.9
Dave Zaslow 1:58.2
Nat Wentworth 2:00.5
Gordon Wise 1:58.6
Enrick Benazic 1:59.9
Erik Langelius 2:00.5
Charles Gerundo 2:00.9
Michael Reece 2.03.5
Marios Tinis 2:01.2
Tim Mullen DNF*

27 SM's in the field did not make for happy ITB racers.

My races came down to the starts. In Saturday's race I got boxed in at the start by Miata's that did not go. Ken got a great run, as did Michael. There were always too many SM's playing their own games that did not want to let an ITB car past to chase down a competitor. I was catching Michael and then his alternator exploded and ventilated the hood. Marios found his handling funny and found his tie rod loose and almost backed off all the way to failure. Tim started DFL and had fun passing a ton of cars.

Sunday's start was better for me. I got to stay right on the back of Ken. Most unfortunately there was a major incident as Tim was wrecked in Turn 1/Lap1 by an SSC Civic. It had gone off the outside and jerked back on and across the track nailing Tim. Tim's car may be a write-off. Tim was sore but seemed as coherent afterwards as he had been before the race. The track was blocked with debris and the lead pack saw double yellows approaching turn 1 for lap 2. Everyone had to stop as the wrecker, ambulance and debris took the entire pavement. The race was then black-flagged and re-gridded in the starting order.

After the restart I finally got by the SM between us and got a shot at catching him again. Eventually I got close and it was going to be a good battle. Nat also had a good start and I could see him on my tail for a while until some SM's also fubar'ed his charge. Then we came upon some very slow Miata's at the exit from the infield. This made me happy as I could leave a gap and get through the corner better. Or so I thought when the miata two cars back hit the miata in back of me and sent me into Ken. No more gap, no better exit speed. The one two cars back then gets the run and gets between us. I could not get back to him in the one lap left. OTOH it was a lot of fun.

DZ